Thoughts on radiator hoses

STAGE 2

3rd and long
Since the OEM hoses are getting more expensive and will no doubt be discontinued in the future, I'm considering going in another direction, specifically the metal pipes that gbodyparts sells. Anybody use these, or something similar? I dont know how well the silicon hoses would hold up over time, but then again they won ever run out. Any performance issues that I should know about?

I use the upper from Gbody. No problems except the connecting hose seemed to be a little larger than normal. Just had to make sure it was tight. I do have a front mount. Sorry for the crapping pic! Yes the hose from the turbo looks like it has electical tape on it but that is the way it was made!:mad:
IMG_2512.jpg

They wont work with a front mount I.C. But they do look cool:)

It really depends on the front mount. If you look straight from the header panel to the thermostat housing & can see it.The pipe will work on your front mount.

The silicone hoses are strong enough that you do not need a support for the rad pipe. We do not Pre cut the 90 just due to different combinations of fans & radiators.
We also offer Black Powder coated versions for the guy that doesn't like the bling :biggrin:

I have a G-Body upper and it's great. Wonderful to know I won't ever have to replace it. I need to get the lower one now

I have used Advance hoses with no issue. The upper hose I use is from a carvan with a V6. Cant remmember the year. I only had to trim the ends a little. Like 5 -6 bucks. I have also used the gbody parts ones and they are very nice and look cool too. I will be getting a set the next time for my personal ride.

We also offer Black Powder coated versions for the guy that doesn't like the bling :biggrin:

How much extra is the black powder coat as I have to keep up the "darth vaders weekend ride" theme going.

How much extra is the black powder coat as I have to keep up the "darth vaders weekend ride" theme going.

If you buy the upper or lower no charge. The way I look at it I'm either paying a guy to polish it or a guy to powder coat it.

Just came out with the intake manifold coolant lines as well.
GBodyParts.com Online

Brian- can someone order these intake stainless steel lines without the thottlebody coolant lines?

Hey Brian is that a BRAND NEW piece you made or were some of the originals S/S? :confused:

They were all metal originally.That is why they are rotting out so bad after 20 years.
When you have been thru over 200 Gbodies & have 90+ here & you have 2 of something in stock that is usually a sign to reman it better then the factory;)

That is why we did the t-top parts in stainless over 3 years ago.Just couldn't find rust free parts anymore.

They were all metal originally.That is why they are rotting out so bad after 20 years.
When you have been thru over 200 Gbodies & have 90+ here & you have 2 of something in stock that is usually a sign to reman it better then the factory;)

That is why we did the t-top parts in stainless over 3 years ago.Just couldn't find rust free parts anymore.

THANK YOU ... that is AWESOME - and to think i alsmost bought a NOS for more than this STAINLESS piece.... once again YOU ARE DA'MAN!!!!:biggrin:

just doublechecking... The entire piece is STAINLESS STEEL? - if it is YOU HAVE A SALE

Anyone got pics of the lower installed other then web sites that sell them?? An were the hoses to big for the lower also?
Vader87" are you sure thats not electrical tape? I would have got tired of wrapping that after the 10th roll!! J/K man.. When you coming back home?

Anyone got pics of the lower installed other then web sites that sell them?? An were the hoses to big for the lower also?
Vader87" are you sure thats not electrical tape? I would have got tired of wrapping that after the 10th roll!! J/K man.. When you coming back home?

The hoses are 1.5. You recieve 2 for the lower pipe.The hoses shouln't be too large for the upper due to the fact that thay are 1.5 as well.
If you ever have a problem like that I can't make it right if I do not know about it ;)

Royal-T-Ltd just doublechecking... The entire piece is STAINLESS STEEL? - if it is YOU HAVE A SALE
Yes the entire tube is stainless steel.The TB nubs are stainless also I just didn't feel like paying the extra to have those polished when they will be capped or covered with a line.