Thrasher 92 and MAF Screens?

DKREDT

I get a bit of a tip in stumble and recently noticed my MAF sensor only has a screen on the exit side. Is this more than likely causing the hesitation?

Thanks,

Joel

There should be 2 screens at the inlet of the MAF sensor. There should not be one at the exit.

As for the Thrasher chips, they are ment to run with both MAF screens intact. Your car my do really weird things if you take them out. Possibly even your hesitation.

I know when I was running a Thrasher chip I tried removing the screens and my car would barely stay running.

Replace your screens in the proper location and I bet your car will seem a whole lot better. Good luck...

tip in stumble

I had the thrasher 92 with both screens in maf and never got the tip in stumble out of it. Now that i have the 100 thrasher the stumble is gone. I took both my screens out of the maf and ported the ridges out of it. Had no problems so far..........:)

I run with the 1 screen and didn't have a problem with either the Thrasher 92 or 100 chips.

Originally posted by DKREDT
I get a bit of a tip in stumble and recently noticed my MAF sensor only has a screen on the exit side. Is this more than likely causing the hesitation?

Thanks,

Joel

What's most likely causing the problem would be the fact you're running an incorrect MAF. There should be no screens on the output side at all. They (correct MAF) come with two on the inlet side, and some folks have gotten away with running just one.

TURBO DAVE:

How do I know if I have the right MAF? I pulled mine and checked the part number.. 25007861...GNTTYPE.ORG says the discontinued GM part number was 25007866.... If I have the wrong one, what do I have and how bad is it hindering my performance?

Thanks,

Joel