throttle body

Hyper

Is a larger throttle body really any help on a high 11 secound car? I was going to go to a larger throttle body ,but I was thinking that it will not give any ET gains.

I've seen two actual back to back tests on a larger throttle body. Both cars had mods. In one case the car picked up about 20 h.p. In the other case the car lost about 13 h.p. The one that gained h.p. was the K-B 70 mm t.b./upper combo. The one that lost power was a 65mm unit. If you want more info I can look through my old mags and find the articles to see exactly what each car had. If I remember correctly one article was the "double the power" series from Popular Hot Rodding and the other was the "12s for $1200" article from GM High Tech.

I have hear and read that a 65mm tb will hurt in hp and so on. A 70 mm tb and plenum will give you power and so will a 62mm set up. I dont know why a 65 mm will do that, from that people have also taken off the 65mm and gone back to the stock or a 62 one. If you want one I would suggest that you send if off to Jay and he will take good care off it.