throttle stuck

miz

Yesterday I went out for a cruise,When I made a right turn I jumped on it for a second and when i let off the gas car didnt slow down.I tried pumping gas pedal,putting on brakes,but nothing,just kept getting faster.I ended up having to put car in neutral and turning it off.When I restarted everything was fine.I drove another 20 miles and couldnt get it to do that again.What would of caused this?I was told maybe a stuck injector.

Not a stuck injector....throttle opening determines load.

Throttle blade probably stuck against the side of the bore.

Hi,
It's not possible for a "stuck injector" to cause this trouble. However, it is likely that your throttle stuck open. It wouldn't take much, 1.0 volt tps opening could do that. You might take a close look at that Accufab throttle body you have.

Check your motor mounts too. I've never seen it on a cable linkage but I have seen broken mounts let the engine move enough to pull solid linkages. Just an idea.

I think you ment to post this on the toyota forum!!!!:biggrin: This is the buick forum!! lolol!!! J/k hope you fix your prob

Thats funny because I told my wife that should of happened to our tundra not the buick.I talked to accufab today and they told me to send the throttlebody to them so they can recalibrate it and rebuild it in one day.

Sometimes if the hose clamp is cranked down on too hard it can make the TB eleptical and cause it to stay open.

Aluminum is soft metal.. especially when it comes to T-bolt clamps that are installed with a ratchet.