ticking!!!!

CHANCE

No longer a Buick guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey guys its stump the board time for one billion dollars tell me what makes this sound when you start the car in the morning there is no ticking also if it sits awhile but when it warms up theres this ticking that seems to be coming from the converter when you give it gas it gets worse but like i said it only does it when its warm i know its not a rod the weird thing is it sounds like a rocker knock but like i said its coming from the converter any help would be great thanks

the ac compressor hows that because this noise is coming from the bottom of the motor plus the ac doesnt work i saw the thread on the coverter bolts so im going to check that out but i was thinking about how or if the converter goes out if it makes noise

I had ticking for a long time and it eventually ended up being the thrust bearing. Hope that's not happening to you.

Originally posted by CHANCE
what makes this sound when you start the car in the morning there is no ticking also if it sits awhile but when it warms up

exhaust leak

Ok another popular ticking that comes from the convertor is a cracked flexplate.
Mine was knocking...sounded just like the bottom end, had me convinced and was saving for an overhaul.

Had a circle track bud that said to check the flexplate and walla that was it. Crawl under your ride w/light and pull inspection cover to conv area and look at the mounting bolts and the holes around the plate.... mine was cracked in several areas.

The ones from autozone, advanced, etc are stronger than stock.

hey guys i have an update to it last night i tryed a few things first it only ticks in park or neutral and does not tick in gear or with a load does this help any and buy the way thanks for all the help :D

convertor bolts or something that is vibrating when it it in gear the eng/ trans shifts enough that it no longer touches. Ty broken tranny line holder made a similar noise against the oil pan

man guy i dont know WTF to do i checked the bolts all tight the flex plate looks good and theres nothing touching is it possable that i have a rod starting to go i mean can it start out real low ticking and then turn into a rod knock i always thuoght they just went all of a sudden thanks guys for all the help but im starting to think that i should take it easy on here till i leave for iraq the thing that sucks is that its my daily driver

Do you have an oil pressure gauge? The few times I have seen a bearing go, oil pressure dropped.