time for new axles whats the best way to go?

ForcedV6

i am currently in the process of switching cars with my uncle since his is built and mine is not set up like his. his car runs hard and likes to bend stock axles and i want to get a good axle in the car so i dont have to worry about it anymore. his car has a stock posi and axles and my current car has a pro series auburn in it which i was thinking about putting in his car and then getting axles for it. let me know what you think the best route to go is...

the car will be driven mostly on the street

let me know the best way to go... cost is not really an issue since i only want to do this once.(this doesnt mean i want to go buy a nine inch)

thanks for any help in advance
geoff

Axles...

ForcedV6, I broke a stock axle several years ago and it broke inside the posi unit, so I had to replace both the axles and the posi. :( I put Moser axles and an Auburn posi unit, thinking that my worries were over, but to my surprise it didn't last more than a racing season, so I put another Auburn unit that was supposed to be stronger than the first one and it didn't last any longer either !:mad: So I ultimately put it a Moser spool :D ! That ended all my rear axle-related problems!!!
'Bye, Claude. :)

Try gearsareus.com they have moser 28 spline (stock replacement) for $215 thats what i did.....

gearsareus

I got a SWEET setup... 30 spline Eaton Posi and 30 spline Moser Axles...it works GREAT!

c-clip question...

ForcedV6, no, the Moser axles do not use c-clips. I have their 30 spline axles and they feature some c-clip eliminators which have a bearing mounted inside the back plate in each wheel. You must have the housing cut to fit them, but once done, they're almost trouble free ( well they have been for me....) . Some guys say that they leak, but to stop that from happening, you just put a seal in the axle tube just where the axle has a machined surface and that's it.
'Bye, Claude.:)

The 28-spline Moser axles DO use the C-clips. They're a drop-in replacement, and are retained using the stock components in the carrier.

Originally posted by ForcedV6
the moser's use the c-clip right?

Moser sells both versions. I have 28 spline stock replacement Mosers that I got from gears R us. Bolt right in to the stock or aftermarket stock replacement eaton and should be no worries on a footbrake TR into the 10's. A great deal for $215 + $15 for studs + shipping.

stock Moser's definitely do use c-clips....they do sell a kit that basically uses Ford bolt in axles that eliminate the c-clips but the axle tubes must be trimmed & welded (a very good setup BTW....much better than "c-clip eliminators") you only need this to pass tech for a 10.99 and faster car......

reply to 8587GN...

8587GN, don't worry, the one you got was a third one I used for about 6-7 weeks, until I could get the spool, which was back ordered at the time.;) It was running ok when I took it out of the car. 'Bye, Claude.
P.S: Does it run ok?...'bye! :)