Time to upgrade the hot air

i have a question for my fellow hot air bros, what do you all think of the V2 setup? its pretty much the same intake manifold as a 84/85 but the upper half is molded with the upper from an 86-87 at an angle to avoid relocating the alternator, i have that setup but i havent started pulling apart my manifold, its hell and a half getting to all the nuts and bolts hiding everywhere in that compartment, im also upgrading my headers but the ones i bought last year are for an 86-87, so i need to do some bending and welding to make it work, i picked up that set brand new stainless steel for $175....came with gaskets crossoverpipe and all the hardware.

The 87 intake is going to give you better results and flow better than the 84/85 intake

I am going to be posting progress on updates on the GN , after several months of reading and speaking with other hot air owners I am going to follow in the footsteps of Mark Green and add the 87 intake and stock IC and run 87 turbos but will keeping the turbo mounted in the back like the hot air cars.

Last week the 87 ECM , Ign modular and coil pack were changed over. Also changed out the walbro for a DW E 85 fuel pump.

Currently removing the stock radiatior and replacing with an all alum F body radiatior and ford tarus two speed electric fan

Attachments

• GN Piller Gauges.pdf
    57.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Engine IC Piping.pdf
    71.2 KB · Views: 122
Here are a couple of updated pics of the engine compartment and Pillar

Attachments

• Copy of 3 Pillar Gauges.jpeg
    588.1 KB · Views: 84
  • GN Engine IC.Jpeg
    588.1 KB · Views: 118
Latest Picture of HOT AIR Configuration w IC , W ta-49 100 % E 85

Special thanks to Mark Green and Steve Beckitt for helping with converstion and upgrades.

Attachments

• Engine w IC.jpg
    Engine w IC.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 129
Latest Picture of HOT AIR Configuration w IC , W ta-49 100 % E 85

Special thanks to Mark Green and Steve Beckitt for helping with converstion and upgrades.

Congratulations- You have graduated from the hot air section. How does your car run? Can you post some logs? Thanks- Brad

Doing 1 of these conversions now. Was wonderering what compressor cover you are using b housing or e housing? And are.you using 90 degree reduced coming out of compressor to intercooler pipe?

Compressor cover is Garrett , and using a 90 degree pipe for IC but I am running a 87 intake and Throttle Body

DMAC, can you REALLY tell a difference in the car. I have been on Mark's bandwagon for a while. I have done two conversions and I can HONESTLY say it was worth it. The first is still HOT. It has a 87 intake and accesories. It also has 40lb injectors with 2 Red's XP pumps, 204/214 cam, mildly ported heads and a old TA49... Oops forgot about the 50hp NOS. This car now is a beast... Waiting on the E85 chip. Car has ran 12.0's on a BAD tune and worthless Drag radials. The other is a 4.1 and I cant get my friend to bring it back to me... He is afraid for me to do anything to it. I think he is SCARED of it. Going from a 15.9 to screaming 12.75 on low boost (16lbs) has him in DEPENDS:eek:. The torque of the 4.1 is unreal...