Timing chain & gears

gn dennis

If I remove my cam sensor can I see my timing chain and gears. I would like to see if they have been replaced?
Thanks Dennis

e253c69f95624f8faefbe33206d0ec00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes looking down in there you can see the top of the timing chain. With the camera you can probably wiggle it around to see what you're looking for

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From the pictures (hard to tell) it looks like a roller chain. The stock chain will look like a 5 pieces of flat metal sandwiched together without tubular pieces.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

And the stock plastic teeth on the gear will be worn down to nubs.

yeah the damn things only last for 100K miles on 11 second power .. bummer
Thanks everyone for responding to my post. I want to check my chain and gears. The engine has 70,000 miles on it. The last owner had the engine out of the car I wasn't able to find out much about what was done. I will check them out and report back. Dennis

yeah the damn things only last for 100K miles on 11 second power .. bummer
Guess me and my buddy are just unlucky. My 34k mile gear had cracks starting. My buddies 85k mile t was worn to nubs and his 50k mile tta was worn and had cracks. All 3 were in 11 second rides. We've also seen a gear that was all chipped off and stuck on the oil pickup nearly blocking it off. Your welcome to trust them. I don't.

Around 85k and 12.90s mine were cracked and several were loose on one side and you could pivot the plastic tooth.

I pulled my original last year with 48k and it was fine. No cracks yet but replaced with a TA billet link chain from Nick so I could use the tensioner.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk