Tinted taillight covers

GrndNatnl

Regal of the Dark Order
Anyone know where I can find the lightly tinted taillight covers?

Not the dark black-out ones, but the ones I've seen that barely smoke the taillights and the reverse lights. I've seen them on a few cars and like them better then the really dark ones. That way people can still see me on the brakes during the daylight hours. (A lot of blind idiots on the road around here!)

It looks like they're on this car:
http://www.gnttype.org/carofthemonth/archive/61thru90/sub66/comdetails1.html

TIA

might not be covers..........

Our company used a translucent paint that you actually paint over the taillight lens. It supposed to let the taillights show thru when braking. It looks badass, but It is dark. The car we used it on is a show only car that is never driven on the street. I am 100% sure if you used around here, you will be pulled over.
That's the only reason i haven't done it:D

I see street cars all the time around here with taillight blackouts. Mainly Camaros. But even so, I dont want the dark blackouts. I just thought there were some that were a lighter shade of tint.

Night shades is a spray-on tint I used on the tail lights. You can control the darkness then. Ramchargers used to sell it, I don't know if they have it online.

Matt try Poston enterprises in alabama. I think they used to sell them, or just go to a speed shop and tell them what you want if they are still made they can get them for you......Ed

If you are worried about your taillights being seen, upgrade the bulbs to brighter ones when you do the blackout and don't spray too much on. They make some pretty bright bulbs nowadays, also look into the LED's. HTH

Tail light covers that limit or change the color or intensity of your lights are illegal. Just because "everyone's doing it" isn't a good idea to go ahead and do it. Keep your car street legal (on the outside anyway). What I did on my 1st GN was put about 8 thin strips of black trim tape horizontally across the entire lens which gave the appearance of dark lenses but didn't effect the color or intensity of them when lit which kept them legal. Up close you'd notice the thin black lines on the lenses but step back a few feet and they'd vanish. I saw this trick on a white 1986 T-Type my neighbor had in the late 80's and he was a body/paint guy.