tire pressure

I run 25 pounds for everyday driving on my M\T et street radials. I'm on my second set and on my car that is where they wear even.

I've been running 20 psi in mine (not radials) and getting crappy 60' times (low boost launches too). Lowest recommended is 15.

Another way of determining the optimal tire pressure is by "reading" the burnout marks left by your tires on the concrete.

A burnout mark with an impression of two outer edge lines and no black marks in the center means you have too little air pressure.

A burnout mark with only an impression of rubber traces in the middle of the rubber patch means you have too much air pressure.

Optimal tire pressure will leave a burnout mark on the pavement that is smooth and evenly black throughout the width of the impression.

Becareful not to get caught up in the "lower is better" theory of tire pressure. Start at around 20 PSI and work your way down. Make small incremental changes.

Burnout length and time --- Assuming your tires are not dry rotted they will stick if they are around 15 degrees hotter than the pavement. The hotter the pavement the more heat you need in the tire. In colder weather, short burnouts are all that is needed. You would be surprised at how fast your tires heat up. Long John Force style burnouts are not needed. The only purpose they serve is shortening the life of your tires and your transmission's sprag. If you are really spending alot of time at the track then invest in a $50.00 thermal gun from Sears. You will be able to see the track surface temp's and your tire temp's after the burnout.

I hope I have given you some useful information that has worked for me and my cars.

what does veryone run on the street for tire pressure in m/t et streets???

I run my MT ET STREET RADIALS at 18 to 20 psi all the time ,street or strip ,no question MT rules over anything else :rolleyes: ( had NITTOS junk before ) but the biggest traction improvement still came after new rear control arms / sway bar / air bags were installed , now I can really trust them even when taking corners ! :smile: ( to the point ):rolleyes: