Tires needed

TTA579

Danger! High Voltage!
So, thanks in part to you guys, the TTA is alive again. I've still got squeaks and rattles to figure out, but the car is, at the moment, reliable. (It's always reliable until it breaks, right?).

Anyway, it needs tires. 245/50/16s. These wet mornings the car slides a bit more than I'm comfortable with. Tire and local vendor suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BFG's? I just bought a set of the good old T/A Radials in 70 series for my Mom's El Camino. Very smooth ride & look real nice.

I don't know how well they would hold up under a TR.

~JM~

hello; Not much help here but last yr. I got some Uniroyal tiger paw GTZ tires at a local shop in Mass. but no real impressions yet.
IBBY

Do you have an America's Tire/Discount Tire store near your home?
www.americastire.com

The last couple of times that I've had to buy tires, I've found them to be about the best deal. They can order just about anything. Plus they have plenty of locations across the country for service if needed. I've never tried buying on-line. I figure shipping & installation would probably eat up any savings.

~JM~

Do you have an America's Tire/Discount Tire store near your home?
www.americastire.com

The last couple of times that I've had to buy tires, I've found them to be about the best deal. They can order just about anything. Plus they have plenty of locations across the country for service if needed. I've never tried buying on-line. I figure shipping & installation would probably eat up any savings.

~JM~

There's an America's Tire down the street. Costco offers similar prices and services.

hello; I'm a member of Costco and I had some tire questions for them. It turns out they will not sell tires to you if there not the stock size that came on the car. So your in the same boat I was in.
IBBY

hello; I'm a member of Costco and I had some tire questions for them. It turns out they will not sell tires to you if there not the stock size that came on the car. So your in the same boat I was in.
IBBY
My experience with Costco is different. They will order tires in your size if they don't have them, you are limited to whichever they carry however.

hello; In my case at the Costco in Mass. that's what was said to me. I thought it was wierd but that's that.
IBBY

Ended up at America's tire, Falken Ziex 512s, about $600 out the door. Have to wait until Wednesday until the front two arrive.