Tony Gomes 7.95@ 175!!!!!!!!

Congrats Mr. Gomes that is truly an impressive time and performance on drag radials to boot. All the best.

Regards
Shev

Congrats Tony!!!!!
I was on the phone with Bobby at RPE this morning, he told me about the run. That is incredible. You have worked hard and earned it. Congrats to all those involved too!

Bryan

Awesome !!!

Way to go Porkchop.:D

I was in line so I didn't get to see it first hand but when I saw everybody jumping up and clapping I knew what just happened.

Gomez you got it done ;)

Cool :smile:

I wont try to sugar coat it...... I cant stand you and you cand stand me, no secret there. Congratulations, you've paid your dues and definately gave us something to shoot for......You're the man.... for now!:biggrin: good job bro, I'm sure you're still smilin, I would be!

I like the part where the wheels came up for the second time. I don't know if it's me but it looked like the front end might have kept coming up, did you pedal it a little there? In any case that looked like a hell of a ride. I can't imagine how hard that thing was pulling when the front end came back up.

Ok guys,
I finally got some time to sit down and do this. This weekend is what I call a good day at the track and I say this because they are few and far between I know all you guys know what I am talking about. We got there on Fri unloaded the car and got it ready to make a pass I was excited because Dave Fiscus and I were going to line up together and try for a side by side 7 sec pass well it wasnt to be Dave had an issue with his car and I somehow shut off my boost controller about 700 feet and dumped the boost the car ran 8.12 at 169. At this point it was 10:45 pm so we packed it up. Sunday morning we got the car warmed up and I went up to the line Cal lined me up and I let go of the button when i got to the turn around I shut the car off and heard the phone ringing it was Bobby telling me WE DID IT!!!! well I can tell you my voice is still!! hoarse.

I don't even know were to begin on the thank you's.

Sharan: My angel,Thank you for all the support and understanding
I only wish you could have been there to share in our achievment.

Bobby: Before I met you I thought I knew what a true friend was, I was wrong what you have done for me in my life and my car. I can't explain what it has meant to me, you built the "most powerful single turbo buick motor" and you did it with a t4 88" that says it all. No thumper, No NOS, oh ya and an aluminum block. What you have done with rings and cams clearly shows your in a league of your own. Who builds the best buick V6 period RPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cal: Dam you put the tune in the car!!! Cal your not my tuner you are my friend.... who tunes. What you have done with choosing the right turbo and boost controller obviously shows. If cal's not your tuner than than youve lost 2 things a friend and cutting edge technoligy

Lonnie: Man that trans works!!! Thank you for all the help that you have givin me After going 3 years with trans problems with a trans from your competer, Dave F. introduced me to you and now 7.97 !!!! Thank you man!!

Dusty: PTC converters and Dusty They go together He knows how to pick a converter You can buy Ptc from somewhere else but it wont have a DUSTY spec on it thanks man !!

Dave F. buddy I beat ya to the 7s :biggrin: seriously when I think back when i first met you all i wanted to run was 9.30s now look at us Thank you for all your help!!! you are truly a class act. Now go out and get that 7.96 sur I cant take that jd 430 from you

That is so AWESOME!!!! I think I'm gonna wear out my computer watching it over and over. :biggrin: What type of suspension is on that car?

Maybe I should read the TSO rules. lol

I couldn't help watching it over and over. What's cool is the car looks like a regular street driven GN(minus the chute):D ...I mean it doesn't have the race car look and hearing the turbo singing with that second wheelstand is just sick man...sick. :cool:

Congrats.

Tony,
Congrats! Absolutely impressive!

BTW go check out Yellow Bullet. You are getting props over there too!

Tony Gomes is the man! It's hard to believe how far we have come with these cars over the years. Somehow you always seem to raise the bar a little higher and higher. You and your car are a class act for sure. It seems like yesterday that we were both trying to get into the 8's.

I definately agree that all this couldn't be possible without Cal Hartline tuning the XFI and AMS. Bob @ RPE building one ( I mean 2 ) mother of an engine. Lonnie Diers for the trans. And Dusty for the PTC convertor. Thanks guys, you weren't supposed to give Tony the good stuff until AFTER I made the first 7 second pass. Damn!

Once again Good job Tony,

Lookin at Tony's back bumper Dave Fiscus

Tony Gomes is the man! It's hard to believe how far we have come with these cars over the years. Somehow you always seem to raise the bar a little higher and higher. You and your car are a class act for sure. It seems like yesterday that we were both trying to get into the 8's.

I definately agree that all this couldn't be possible without Cal Hartline tuning the XFI and AMS. Bob @ RPE building one ( I mean 2 ) mother of an engine. Lonnie Diers for the trans. And Dusty for the PTC convertor. Thanks guys, you weren't supposed to give Tony the good stuff until AFTER I made the first 7 second pass. Damn!

Once again Good job Tony,

Lookin at Tony's back bumper Dave Fiscus

Ficus

Don't be wastin time pattin my back get to work cause i want to be there when the 2nd Rpe, Hartline, Dusty, Lonnie, buick goes 7s