Tony's BHP

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
In this thread, we're going to calculate Tony's Brake Horsepower Level.

Cal, I'm going to need detailed time slip information. Preferrably, a good best average timeslip for the car.

Is the Starting Launch of 5100 rpm on the 2 step, or is that at WOT on the converter? If it's not a true stall speed of the torque converter, I need a WOT, balls to the wall, true stall speed of the torque converter. I also need to know if it's with a controlled amount of boost. Also, what kind of stall could you get without controlling the boost level? I need this info to come up with torque capacity, multiplication and slip best guesses to get us started.

Cal. Is that 1.5% tire growth? Is that figure from the tire manufacturer?

Shallowest stage, deep stage, inches?

The rear tire diameter, 29.5". Is that just what's on the sidewall? Or, was it actually calculated using circumference, rollout, radius? For instance, my advertised 29.5 actually measures out at 28.6" measuring the circumference. This is important for an accurate TC slip number.

Is the boost controlled to a lower level anywhere in the run? If so, I'll have to do more difficult work on the power curve to make up for the differences in the power curve at different points in the run.

I'll wait at this point for the information I've asked for before we go any further.

In this thread, we're going to calculate Tony's Brake Horsepower Level.

Cal, I'm going to need detailed time slip information. Preferrably, a good best average timeslip for the car.

Is the Starting Launch of 5100 rpm on the 2 step, or is that at WOT on the converter? If it's not a true stall speed of the torque converter, I need a WOT, balls to the wall, true stall speed of the torque converter. I also need to know if it's with a controlled amount of boost. Also, what kind of stall could you get without controlling the boost level? I need this info to come up with torque capacity, multiplication and slip best guesses to get us started.

5100 is on the 2 step true stall of the converter is 6800 that is at max boost in the pass. never tried max stall no 2 step, I would think that that i could get 6300-6500 with no 2 step

Shallowest stage, deep stage, inches?

The rear tire diameter, 29.5". Is that just what's on the sidewall? Or, was it actually calculated using circumference, rollout, radius? For instance, my advertised 29.5 actually measures out at 28.6" measuring the circumference. This is important for an accurate TC slip number.

Normal stage about midway

29.5 is about right but it does change from tire to tire if its not a
"matched set"

I already have the answer. Here it is:

More than anyone else has:biggrin:. Trapping 175mph it looks to be around 1450hp. The coefficient of drag would need to be known get a better number.

Is the boost controlled to a lower level anywhere in the run? If so, I'll have to do more difficult work on the power curve to make up for the differences in the power curve at different points in the run.

1.8 sec delay to full boost from launch after that its full boost

pass details:

60ft 1.346
330ft 3.430
660ft 5.172 @140.68
1000ft 6.686
1320ft 7.971 @175.46

I would love to see the figure too. At his weight that has to be at least in the top 3 motors out there that I know of... The Gallina car being and ours being the other 2, said mine just to make me feel better;)

Shane: Don't forget Fiscus. He's been 176mph in TSO trim. I dynoed Schmidts car to over 1200hp. Also Mike B, or turbodragster......

Don: Tony's convertor will probably stall at 6600-6800 without a 2 step

Shane: Don't forget Fiscus. He's been 176mph in TSO trim. Or Mike B, or turbodragster......

Don: Tony's convertor will probably stall at 6600-6800 without a 2 step

I was thinking of Dave and should have said that, and I didn't think about Mike the bringer of THUNDER:biggrin: My ears still hurt;)

5100 is on the 2 step true stall of the converter is 6800 that is at max boost in the pass. never tried max stall no 2 step, I would think that that i could get 6300-6500 with no 2 step
If at all possible, I'd like to have that figure. It is a very, very important spec.

I also need the amount of rpm drop on the 1-2 and the 2-3 shifts, and the rpm across the finish line for the time slip examples given.

Is the car lower than stock level? How much?

edit: I'll use the figure that Cal gave for the stall. I really need the rpm drops at the shifts. That will give us an idea about how close we are about the stall.

I already have the answer. Here it is:

More than anyone else has:biggrin:. Trapping 175mph it looks to be around 1450hp. The coefficient of drag would need to be known get a better number.
I'm going to use the same figures for the drag that I'm using for my car. I would say that's a good guess though.

1.8 sec delay to full boost from launch after that its full boost

pass details:

60ft 1.346
330ft 3.430
660ft 5.172 @140.68
1000ft 6.686
1320ft 7.971 @175.46
Dang. Wish you were local. There's some Mustangs to beat up on at my track. You'd be #3 at our track. 2 Mustangs are in the 4s.

When I get home from work, I'll start putting this together. If I need any other info, I'll let you know.

If at all possible, I'd like to have that figure. It is a very, very important spec.

I also need the amount of rpm drop on the 1-2 and the 2-3 shifts, and the rpm across the finish line for the time slip examples given.

Is the car lower than stock level? How much?

edit: I'll use the figure that Cal gave for the stall. I really need the rpm drops at the shifts. That will give us an idea about how close we are about the stall.

rpm drop is 600 rpm rpm at the finish is about 7800

car is a at stock level