Took out some timing TT Chip

DaveyX87

I have been having issues with knock under minimal boost for sometime. I was told the gas in CA had a lot to do with it. I was under the impression that the timing was burnt into the chip. I finally realized that I could take some timing out and so I did. The car runs way better on 91 and no more knock. I thought I'd share in case there are any fellow numbskulls that didn't realize this as well.

I have been having issues with knock under minimal boost for sometime. I was told the gas in CA had a lot to do with it. I was under the impression that the timing was burnt into the chip. I finally realized that I could take some timing out and so I did. The car runs way better on 91 and no more knock. I thought I'd share in case there are any fellow numbskulls that didn't realize this as well.
Gotta run 93 in the Buick and not from no name gas stations.

Run out the 91, put in 93, adjust timing back to chip setting and run a few WOT blasts. You can adjust timing after that if you need to.

How much timing did you remove as I am seeing the same knock in my car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much timing did you remove as I am seeing the same knock in my car?

I adjusted the WOT timing 1st/2nd gear from the default of 128 (0 degrees) to 121 at first (-2.5 degrees). I am going to bump it up after I burn off this bad tank of gas. You can download the instructions from TurboTweak