Took the ol man's car to the track yesterday

ttypewhite

A couple of my buddies were renting the track yesterday and asked if I wanted in. So I headed down with my Dad to take some hits on his car. I was hoping for some cooler weather, but it was really hot out there yesterday. I was curious to see what it would run with the boost he always runs on the street. So the first pass was at 21psi. It hooked at 1.43 sixty foot and ran 9.85@139mph. Target air fuel was set at 11.3, but it was rich as you can see at 10.9 air fuel

Next pass I gave it some more boost at 26 psi. It hooked a 1.40 sixty foot and ran 9.53@143mph. It was too lean. I looked at the injector duty cycle and it was maxed out at 107%.

Left the boost where it was and added 17% more fuel to that area of the map where it was lean. It made no difference. We have had 2 external Walbro pumps on there for the last 7 years. One is starting to give up the ghost. Time for a Racetronix double pumper.....Injectors are 120's so I know I'm good there with C16. Target is 11.1 and the actual was 11.8 to 11.5. It hooked a 1.38 sixty foot and ran 9.49@144mph.

Last edited:
What's the boost off the line on those passes?...thanks Mike

My kid @15...... "Dad, that car is SUCH a Grandpa car..... Couldn't you find something cool?"

My Kid today @ 22....... Holee Chit dad, that car is sooo friggin' cool. It's a living room couch with a rocket attached to it. Can I take it to (insert local show-n-shine here) show and shine????"

Me....... "Uhhhhhhmmmmmmm"............

My kid @15...... "Dad, that car is SUCH a Grandpa car..... Couldn't you find something cool?"

My Kid today @ 22....... Holee Chit dad, that car is sooo friggin' cool. It's a living room couch with a rocket attached to it. Can I take it to (insert local show-n-shine here) show and shine????"

Me....... "Uhhhhhhmmmmmmm"............

lol, so true. My kids feel the same way until I took them to school in it and a crowd of kids swarmed the car when I was dropping them off. Now they want me to take them to school in it all the time..... Go figure.