Top 10 most useless modifications

I amazed I haven't seen this one yet: My number one choice for a waste, and performance killer.

Pinion Snubber.

Oh, and number two whould have to be the afformentioned BOV's.

Originally posted by TurboDave
I amazed I haven't seen this one yet: My number one choice for a waste, and performance killer.

Pinion Snubber.

Oh, and number two whould have to be the afformentioned BOV's.

I picked up a consistent .05 off my 60ft with only a pinion snubber on an otherwise stock GN. Stock chip and turbo. With 235 Radials though.

I liked how it planted the tires better on the street also.

Originally posted by TurboDave

Pinion Snubber.

You are right, i have had one on for over 10 years and it looks like it has never even made contact.

Originally posted by Cheeseburger
You are right, i have had one on for over 10 years and it looks like it has never even made contact.

That is weird. I could feel mine hit hard when I first got it. I checked a while back and it was indeed still hitting.

I got me some Hotchkis Bars, so I am going to take the snubber off.

Re: Re: THE # 2

Originally posted by denn454
at least its not ran off an electric motor:rolleyes:

i'm sure i'll see an acura with one of those soon.

That would be the funniest thing I would ever see. A front wheel drive car with a front mount blower sticking straight forward from a side mount engine. I would have to stop the driver and take pictures for the world to laugh at.

Re: Atr cold air box?

Originally posted by brittken
I have an ATR cold air box with the enclosed K&N filter in it and it works great. I have heard some say there was a controversy over weather it worked well or not but I say it looks alot better than an exposed filter in the engine compartment and way better than the stock air box. What do you guys think?

...depends how fast your going...I had to eliminate the "box" on my GN and just left the air dam and hose in place. The more air you demand, the worse it seems to get.

I like it b/c I can literally see the change in temp as soon as I start moving the car with the ram in place....otherwise, useless mod for a "modified" car.

wonder plugs

The Bosch platinum tip spark plugs. I bought some and my stock Gn would misfire. I bought 2 more and put them in my firebird.

Re: wonder plugs

Originally posted by PEACHS
The Bosch platinum tip spark plugs. I bought some and my stock Gn would misfire. I bought 2 more and put them in my firebird.

Far worse than these are Splitfires. The original owner of My T-type had a set in it , the wastegate hose blew off one night, the car detonated, the electrode broke off and burned an exhaust valve when it became lodged between the valve seat and the valve.

I guess this is a mod........headlight covers.
Headlight covers would not fit worth a sh't, did not even get to use them..........i tried modifing them and scratched the surface and snaped them in half in a fit of rage, lol.

i think the snubber works differently on different cars. my stocker had alot of contact, and my new one shows even more. the car has been lowered about one and a half inches of so, so im sure that makes a bit of a difference, seeings how there isnt as much distance there already. but yes, mines made a large amount of contact over the last few months, not a huge improvement on the 60's, but a slightly noticable one.