Top speed achieved by your TTA

I read that the top speed on the TTA was 162mph, stock. I believe it was a Car and Driver article I read it in. Also I read that the TTA was the 1st car that didn't modified, mechanically, to be a Pace Car.
impressive!!

I read that the top speed on the TTA was 162mph, stock. I believe it was a Car and Driver article I read it in. Also I read that the TTA was the 1st car that didn't modified, mechanically, to be a Pace Car.

close....Motor Trend.....:)

MTRTpg7.jpg

close....Motor Trend.....:)

View attachment 173968

Thank you. Kind of funny how the 2nd fastest car, and the fastest production car of 1989 was in the back of the line. The ZR-1 was not available for production in 1989. This publication, do you know when it was written? Unfortunately when I bought my Grand National, I was unaware of the 1989 TTA, just as I was unaware of that there were other Buick Regals with the same powertrain as the Grand National, the T-Type and Turbo T. I had the cash and had I know, I would have definitely searched out a TTA and bought. I had $25k saved up, I had been saving for 15 years, to buy a Grand National. I was a bit naive, as the price for a stock one with 60k miles was no where that price. It was only $13k. I spent $3k more for upgrades and put the $9k away for my oldest sons college tuition.

Thank you. Kind of funny how the 2nd fastest car, and the fastest production car of 1989 was in the back of the line.
Maybe it had "lapped the field" by the time they took that photo? o_O

Nice article, thanks for posting. I had read a 15x mph top speed in some other article... but of course there was no note of "conditions", etc.