Top Speed

Anyone who will go 140 in a buick has balls. Fastest I've been was 125 and it scared the hell outta me. Then again that was back when I had old saggy springs, worn bushings and 4 blown shocks. The thing floated all over the road :eek:

Stay safe guys.

122 in the t-type, it was still pulling pretty good but it was starting to scare me.
135 in a z28 camaro i was test driving
110 in my gs (stupid govenor that was only in 3rd gear)

140 in a cessna...

Damn 158 in an Impala SS!? Thats fast. No wonder they dont give Caprices to cops anymore or they'd be killing everyone with the way they drive around; thinking they own the road. No offense to any cops out there.

Ive been 145 in my GN and it felt like it had more to go. It has new suspension and polygraphite pushings so it rides smooth at that speed.

on the street?

went 172 in the corvette, on hwy 93 to vegas, WITH THE A/C ON!!
it might of had more, I didn't! ( shocked me when I looked at the speedo!)
and NO , wife was NOT with me....

145 passing a C5 in my waGoN. The motor had more but the suspension did not.

151 in a Lotus Turbo
120 in the GN
115 in a 68 Nova / 4-door / Straight 6 with a power glide, talk about hard to drive at 115 when you’re laughing hysterically because it shifted out of 1st at 70 mph. :biggrin:

150+in my 87 GN with more left, handled ok.
145+ in my 86 GN, felt stable.
150+ in my 86 T, rear of the car started hopping side to side, felt like the tires were taking turns lifting off the pavement. :eek:

I figure about 145 in one of my GN's, the front end started coming up.
185+ in a cop buddies 89 Saleen that is scarey fast (bored, stroked, Vortech supercharged, 15 lbs boost, caged). The car had more, I didn't. He has run as fast as 207 on the back strech of Atlanta Motor Speedway.

past 120mph in my 70 Riv and I had plenty left in it, 3400rpm in 4th nose wasn't even starting to lift
Fell out of a Cessna 182 at 100 knots on Saturday :D good thing I was wearing a parachute.

Various

138+ in my 87 GN driving down 694 in Minnesota :eek:
155+ in my fathers 70 GS convertible :rolleyes:
115 in my mothers 96 Riviera: Made it from Century college in White bear lake to stillwater prison in 10 minutes, normally 25-30 minute drive...luckily i hit all the lights :tongue:

CTX-SLPR said:
past 120mph in my 70 Riv and I had plenty left in it, 3400rpm in 4th nose wasn't even starting to lift
Fell out of a Cessna 182 at 100 knots on Saturday :D good thing I was wearing a parachute.

your jumping out of a 182? whats wrong with you? haha. thats a small plane to be using for parachuting. that has got to be murder on the door when it slams back. they arent' very solid.

t3intercooled said:
Made it from Century college in White bear lake to stillwater prison in 10 minutes, normally 25-30 minute drive...luckily i hit all the lights :tongue:

Had to get back before they found out you were missing, huh?

At 120+ in my 87 GN my buddy was holding on for dear life(i don't know how fast...that was the last i looked it was 120ish).

130 in my Roadmaster was fast...but the car was extremely solid. Felt like 80 in the GN. Its nice doin 130+ in a big 4 door grandpa ride. People probably looked twice

Door went up not back, so they probably modified it somewhat. Though I did crawl out the the wing strut before I let go. It was only a static line jump from 3500 AGL so it wasn't to exciting. After 3 more I'll switch to Accelerated Freefall and go from 5000 AGL and up. As to why they picked a cessna 182... I think its to motivate you to get out since you'd not want to be in the plane if it had to land!

89 gsxr w/1216 piston kit and carbs.

went 9.93 @ 139.2 mph at Union Grove. Pulled like a freight train :D. only 11.50 @ 119mph in my old z28 :(