torque converter?

gn84guy

Well my tranny is out getting rebuilt, and i'm wondering if i should upgrade my converter while i'm at it or whether i should keep it stock. The more I think about it the more I think i'm going to keep the motor as stock as possible. So is it worth it to get a higher stall on a stock motor, or should i just leave it well enough alone? If upgrading is a good idea what stall should I look at getting?

Leave it alone. In fact, unless there's a problem with the converter, I wouldn't let the trans shop touch your D5. You'll get it back as a 1500 stall. Guard it with your life if you don't want headaches later.

+1 keep the stock stall and make damn sure you mark your converter they will trade it out for some POS converter and you will be pissed off.

Leave it alone. In fact, unless there's a problem with the converter, I wouldn't let the trans shop touch your D5. You'll get it back as a 1500 stall. Guard it with your life if you don't want headaches later.

+1 keep the stock stall and make damn sure you mark your converter they will trade it out for some POS converter and you will be pissed off.

X3
Also guard your VB and governor with a 45. :eek: