---tow vehicles from back in the day---

I agree.

Attachments

• gnpics 001.jpg
    gnpics 001.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 169
why do we need such big tow vehicles. back in the day they didn't use 1 ton trucks.

YouTube - Superbird Challenger Cuda Road Runner Tow Rigs???

We don't spend hours working on the tow vehicle to keep 'er arunnin'...we spend our time and money on the race cars. :D

I'll bet those guys changed many tranny's in those tow cars if they put many miles on them.

Kinda cool to see those neat cars pullin' neat cars.

I have a friend who towed his race GN with his daily GN on a tow dolley to Bristol when it was the Buick event. I flew back there and he was kind enough to let me race his tow GN. He would have been up the creek if anything had broken on it.

BTW, his tow GN only ran 15's...lol. I didn't even "need" a helmet although I wore one. And the big thing at Bristol that year, since it was so hot, was everyone was just wearing shorts and they were actually checking at the line to make certain racers put on long pants for racing. My friend's wife kept laughingly yelling at me to put on my borrowed "britches" come race time.

The speed limit was only 55 back then.

All of those tow vehicles in the video will go into a death sway above 65 mph (except for maybe the superbird and '71 Road runner which appeared to have a lot of weight on the tongue).

My Tow vehicle was a 100 HP AMC Eagle with the "trailer tow package". I towed about 2000 miles with this set up. I had about 400 lbs on the tongue (less than 15%) and on big downhills where I could exceed 65 mph, things got interesting.

That guy is an ahole, just go there and tell him a dodge or plymouth sucks hind tit and he gets all upset:rolleyes:

I did enjoy seeing those cars, but i says its from the 1986 mopar nats???

God id love to have a winged warrior....

BW