TPS and IAC replacement

baghouse

EZE
I've seen a lot of threads about TPS and IAC. Basically mine idles too high. Also, at cold start, the check engine light is on and eventually goes off. It sounds like it's idling around 1000-1200 RPM. I do have a turbotweak chip. And for some reason during this time (while check engine light is on) the fans kick on as well. Not sure what's going on there.

As for TPS and IAC, they've never been replaced. Do I have to "program" or "reset" if I just change out each component with a new unit altogether? It seems like it would be plug and play, but I am a newbie at these cars. I don't have a scan tool, but I do have a volt meter.

She runs fine, but the high idle and check engine light bother me. Thoughts?

Ok, I jumped the terminals and pulled a code last night. It was code 15 - coolant temperature sensor circuit (low temp). I do have aftermarket gauges, I do not use the factory sensor. Could that cause high idle?

The factory sensor for engine temp. that the chip/computer and scanmaster display use is the 2 wire one.

Make sure that's in the car and working.

The one wire idiot light switch or the one wire high speed fan control switch is what people usually remove to put in aftermarket gauges.

Locations for all three can be found via the search feature.