tps issues

SickNasty

first problem....the car could sit there and idle tps at .42 next thing u know it just reved up on its own and stayed between 2000-24000 on the tac. turn the car off start it again sometimes it would go back down to .42 sometimes you had to turn it on and off 4-5 times to get it back to regular idle. so i thought what the heck ill just replace the tps and see what happens. so..... bought a new one and it worked flawless for about a month. now this one is acting up. i set the new one to .42. when installed. seemed to be idling high the other day so checked the scan master and its at .46 in idle. so i went out and set it again to .42. within minutes its at .46 in idle again. i think the computer is wigging out...maybe something with the voltage. why else would i be burning through throttle positioning sensors like this? any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would check and eliminate sensor wiring problems (chaffing or damage) to start with. 2nd eliminate any secondary wiring (tps tech and or volt booster). 3rd is the hardware correct not loosing up allowing the sensor to move around.

Is there any play in your throttle plate shaft? Key on enging off, snap you throttle by hand while monitor the TPS voltage. It should be consistent each time you let it go. Mine did that and the shaft was loose. Check yours before chasing an electrical problem.