TR Custom Parts - Great Service

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I ordered an "Hoodskins" pad from them on Monday, August 8th at 1:30 Pacific Time.

It was on my door step when I got home from work on Thursday the 11th, very well packaged and marked fragile in about 20 places.

My car is at a shop having the driver seat cushion replaced, I'll post up a pic or two when I get the pad installed.

Thanks, Mark!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 262
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 248
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 254
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 251
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 271
Sorry for the grainy pictures guy's.

I'll post up better ones tomorrow.

This piece is fookin' cool........... no doubt.

Man, what a BEAUTIFUL, serious looking Buick you've got! Awesome. I'm envious! And Mark sure sells such a nice, much needed product. All in all, great work there, and hat's off to Mark for such great customer service. That guy knows how to make us Turbo Buick guys really happy.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Got to thank Hoodskinz for the nice product. Just felt these would be a great addition to our product line!

It looks nice. Is that outer ring a different material than the center section? What are the materials and what do they feel like? Do you think it's hold up better than the stock hood pads with brushes with the up pipe and what not?

It looks nice. Is that outer ring a different material than the center section? What are the materials and what do they feel like? Do you think it's hold up better than the stock hood pads with brushes with the up pipe and what not?

It's a very solid piece. The whole part of it that faces out is aluminum and the part that faces the underside of the hood is padding.

I'm working on the fitment with the up pipe tonight and will pass along what I find. Currently, it touches the up pipe but I think I have an idea to remedy the situation.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Powder coated aluminum with a bead rolled around the perimeter for extra strength. The lettering and logo is the bare aluminum. I used some 1/4" rivet style retainers instead of the GM style. I added a 10th hole in the Hoodskinz between the two middle retainer holes. There is already a hole in the hood bracing and this helps hold the panel away from the up pipe just a bit more. Here are some pics of my install.

Lot of good looking stuff there Mark. I have one more major question. Does this pad sit higher, lower, or equal to a stocker?

Sorry for not getting back sooner to everyone,but work and life sorta got in the way....... and, well, then my own shame made me wait and figure out how I would approach this........

I followed Mark's directions and my new pad fits pretty tight now. I'll live with the bit of rub I have, it's self inflicted via a 1 inch riser that sits below the throttle body. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

2 items of advice;

A) a package of 12 one 1/4 inch rivets that match the ones used by Mark is $5.96 total at Napa - part # 6652440. They are 2.99 for 2 each at most other parts houses. Buy the rivets at Napa.

B) AND I ISSUE THIS SUGGESTION STRONGLY................

Measure twice, ask for someone to look at it again, then, check it again and again and check it one more time.......then drill.

Mine is now more "aero dynamic" than Mark's......... :mad:o_O:rolleyes: My fault for not paying stricter attention...... I think my 3rd grade teacher said something to my mom about that trait...............:confused:

It doesn't look nearly as bad in real life, but still. I feel like such a dumbass.......

I'll figure out a way to repair it.... Dammit!

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 187
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 193
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Jeez, Guy! Don't' sell yourself short! It looks absolutely GREAT! (y) I mean, it's perfect to me! And my eyes were just restored!:wideyed: Thanks to you, your suggestions, I'm seriously thinking of getting one from Mark in a few months. Man, that thing looks so good there. Really cool, and different...all in all it's a way, way hell of a better design than the original! You made a good choice and you did a damn good job!

Goes just great with that beautiful Buick of yours! I can only envy your engine bay....lot of work you've done to it as I can see.

So, calm down.....it looks to me you've done a great job putting that thing in......hands down.

Wow, is all can say. Thanks for the additional advice, I'm sure lots here will heed it.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Just glue the top of one of the pins over the extra hole and tell people you have an ultra rare 10 pin hood.

He made it into the ultra rare 10 hole but drilled it in the wrong spot! Now he has a double ultra rare 11 hole liner! I bet I know exactly what you said when you realized it was drilled it in the wrong area! Trying to get the manufacturer to add the 10th hole so my customers don't have to. Only really needed if you have a 3" up pipe.

And a one inch plenum spacer.......

My words were "oh *&#@"......

I'll be showing off my handy work at BG this week, you're interested.........