tr2004r shifts

Roadrage david

Guys tranny hase 4000miles on it now . about 1500 miles ago i lost kick douwn!.
when i cruise in touwn i drive in 3e gear D, because when i just put it in OD it shifts to 4e to quik locks up and stays lockt until i stop. so i mainly use OD on the highway.
having said that when i need to drive slower on the highway due to trafic it stays lockt up and bogs at 1500 rpm iven if i put my foot on the brake!! unless i douwn shift to 3e gear .

I do drive it manualy alot. 1/2 shifts are ""very"" Firm and super quik feels like a manual transmission!! very pleased with that . 3e is bit looser but stil hauling , but would not mind it to be as firm as 1/2 shifts, 4e is imidiate lock up . had the ting up to 192mph it never skips a beat ore sounds wrong nor runs hot(3 oil coolers and deep pan)...... how can i get the Kick douwn working again and have the convertor unlock when im driving in OD in sity trafic...

By your posts here:
68 firebird w/ 600+ hp whats the best way to go - Pro-Touring.com

I thought you were really liking the BTO 200-4R.

I would check the TV cable adjustment for the no kickdown. IF not that, pull the valve body and fix the stuck TV valve before you burn it up.

You have a 4th gear lockup configuration. Install a vacuum switch, delay valve, brake/cruise switch and maybe also a manual toggle and a speed control, and you'll have lockup that SORTA works like it should.

You know an electronically controlled 4L80E isn't this much trouble to set up for a retrofit and there isn't a TV valve to get stuck, or TV cable to get out of adjustment. :cool:

By your posts here:
68 firebird w/ 600+ hp whats the best way to go - Pro-Touring.com

I thought you were really liking the BTO 200-4R.

I would check the TV cable adjustment for the no kickdown. IF not that, pull the valve body and fix the stuck TV valve before you burn it up.

You have a 4th gear lockup configuration. Install a vacuum switch, delay valve, brake/cruise switch and maybe also a manual toggle and a speed control, and you'll have lockup that SORTA works like it should.

You know an electronically controlled 4L80E isn't this much trouble to set up for a retrofit and there isn't a TV valve to get stuck, or TV cable to get out of adjustment. :cool:

How much is it to get a 4L80E with electronic controler

Jakeshoe what thuse this below meen to you???

I do drive it manualy alot. 1/2 shifts are ""very"" Firm and super quik feels like a manual transmission!! very pleased with that . 3e is bit looser but stil hauling , but would not mind it to be as firm as 1/2 shifts, 4e is imidiate lock up . had the ting up to 192mph it never skips a beat ore sounds wrong nor runs hot(3 oil coolers and deep pan)......

do i say i dont like the transmission???
. im NOT a transmission builder i do race the crap out of them, and probely test them harder in a ""diferend"" kind of way everybody els thuse in the usa.

mainly driving fast and hard for hours and go up to serieus highspeed on the autobhann, and in mij conviguration its fine iven tho the kick douwn thussend work!!!.probely because my frind put another carb on it and adjusted it a bit, but just to be sure i ask, it hase not been fried it thusend iven runn hot at 190mph .i do apresiate your tips, and wil chek it out.
Ps imported 8 custom build high perf engines for custumours 7 of them level 3 transmission powerd bij these cars. they are trashed upon and hold up just fine.