Tr6 issue

NY_GN

Planning next secret evil upgrade
UPDATE: Problem solved. #3 & 6 post on the coil pack were dead as well as the pin for the power. TR6 is good and so is the cam sensor. my best guess is after the heads upgrade, my plugs were still gapped at 34, which was too hard on the coil pack. I'm gonna tighten them up to ease the stress on the new coil pack until I upgrade to the LS1 coils.

Tach jumps 8 times, but that doesn't correspond to any fault codes.

While driving it sounded like it dropped down to 3 cylinders, light driving also. Got to driveway and car stalled and won't start.

Last edited:
replace the ccci fuse in the fuseblock with a 25 amp fuse
My plugs are gapped at 32, after looking on here should I go to 20ish?

I just installed new heads and this is a new issue.

I just had an similar no start issue with my TR6 box and sent it to Bob for repair. I thought the coil went bad and replaced it and it lasted a week and died out again. Check all connector pins for issues. Remove cover and look at all 4 lights to make sure they are operational during cranking (crank, cam, sync need to flash). .Also check all ground connections and make sure tbey are solid.

My problem was one of the main power feed pins overheated at the TR6 box connector. I had Bob replace the bad connector & do software update and supply a new coil harness as I remote mount mine on the Driver side fender. He made me a new 48" harness and all is good. Both my coils were good-so now I have a spare.

thumbnail5.jpeg

Last edited:

That gap is fine with the tr6.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

That gap is fine with the tr6.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

most no-start issues have been cam sensor issues (screw loose, broken roll pin, etc), or loose connector pins on the 14 pin OEM plug.

are you getting an error code when trying to start? What code?

Bob

most no-start issues have been cam sensor issues (screw loose, broken roll pin, etc), or loose connector pins on the 14 pin OEM plug.

are you getting an error code when trying to start? What code?

Bob
The error is when I try to start, the tach jumps 8 times. I may have to relocate the ground, but I haven't had any problems before this.

there are no 1-digit error codes, the are all 2-digit. An "18" is no feed voltage.

if you painted the mounting brackets, then the case ground may not be good enough. The ground wire from the coil harness needs to go to an engine ground, I usually use the mounting nut under the unit.

You can open the unit and watch the LEDs when starting,

Bob

there are no 1-digit error codes, the are all 2-digit. An "18" is no feed voltage.

if you painted the mounting brackets, then the case ground may not be good enough. The ground wire from the coil harness needs to go to an engine ground, I usually use the mounting nut under the unit.

You can open the unit and watch the LEDs when starting,

Bob
I'm gonna open it up later, the mounting bracket is the black anodized cruz racing one. I'll reroute the grounds and report back.

is the bracket new? Annodizing is non-conductive, so you either need to scrape the bracket at the mounting points (a bummer on a new part), or run a grounding wire from the nut underneath to the engine.

is the bracket new? Annodizing is non-conductive, so you either need to scrape the bracket at the mounting points (a bummer on a new part), or run a grounding wire from the nut underneath to the engine.
The cam sensor light is not coming on, I'm guessing cam sensor. Second one in 6 months, driving me freakin nuts. I don't have a trouble code on the scanmaster though.

let me know on the cam sensor. The ECM won't set a code unless the engine is running and the cam sensor quits.

let me know on the cam sensor. The ECM won't set a code unless the engine is running and the cam sensor quits.
So then, possibly try to adjust the sensor. It will start when I disconnect/reconnect the battery, but it runs like shit and dies, still no codes on scanmaster

I've replaced the sensor with 2 known good ones. It starts runs like crap, then the CCCI fuse keeps blowing. I'm guessing a short somewhere. I'm gonna try to run it down.