trans locked up, car will not move. :(

volvoman

The Green BEAST
So I took the hybrid out for a drive, Just around the block. I have had no problems with it at all. Just the day before that did a 75ft burnout no problems.
So taking for a drive not even pounding on it. I wired up the manual od switch and got it to about 40 or so turned it on. I felt like it went in then out and then came to a stop and it locked up. I could start it in N and P. Soon as I get it running and drop it into r,1,2,3 Clunks and dies. The car moves like less than half a foot.
Now is it possible that the OD is permanently locked? I just put a 5 disk lock up vig in there with the pump assist tube ect. Harden stator, sunshell , kevlar 2nd gr band. I had no problems before untill I tried to hit the od switch. I am just about my wits end. If this is not a simple fix car will be sitting for very long time.

Any and all info would be great. I am open to any ideas.
Thanks for the help.

Chris

Sounds like the converter clutch apply valve is stuck. Valve is in pump on left/passenger side. Could be a bad TCC solenoid also.

Could be second gear starts with the TCC engaged.

So I jacked the car up pulled the plug on the trans. Jacked up the rearend and started the car. put it in gear and tires run in all the gears and reverse. Now when I push and break or put a load on it is starts to shutter and stall.:confused:

I am glad that at least the wheels spin. :rolleyes:

OK so I took off the valve body and cleaned it out nothing in there and check. sprayed it down with mineral spirits blew it out with air, took pictures and made sure all the barrings went in the same place. Took some valves out put them back in and they all worked fine. I pulled the solenoid off it seems fine. Is there a way to test that? Also the valve under that, is that suppose to be spring loaded. I think the other valve is spring loaded and it seems fine. I have not pulled that one out because that one is a pain to put in upside down. As far as the pan nothing in it. Tranny is fluid is clean and I am not seeing anything.
Any other ideas. If I have to pull the pump body that means I would have to pull the tranny and I don't want to do that just yet. Is there anything else I can check?

Did I mention I hate working on the tranny? :)

Possibly a cracked pumped housing allowing the TCC circuit to become pressurized.

That valve under the solenoid is not moving I think something is jammed in there. Any ideas on how to pull it with out damaging it?:confused: