trans mount question

TOOMANYTOYS

The trans mount on my car broke yesterday allowing my driveshaft to hit the crossmember. What a racket that made. Anyway, I don't really like the way the transmission is supported from the side with the stock mount so I was thinking about making a new one. I was thinking something center mounted on the crossmember directly under the tailshaft with some sort of cushion between the mount and transmission. After some consideration though I'm thinking that might be too rigid and end up breaking the mounting pad on the transmission. What do you guys think? Any ideas would be appreciated

The trans mount on my car broke yesterday allowing my driveshaft to hit the crossmember. What a racket that made. Anyway, I don't really like the way the transmission is supported from the side with the stock mount so I was thinking about making a new one. I was thinking something center mounted on the crossmember directly under the tailshaft with some sort of cushion between the mount and transmission. After some consideration though I'm thinking that might be too rigid and end up breaking the mounting pad on the transmission. What do you guys think? Any ideas would be appreciated
Don't make it a project to build a center supported tranny mount. Just get the one from HR Parts and then your done.

You will never break it.