Transgo 200-4R-HD-2 dual feed

JimP

Does anyone have any experience with this kit. It supposedly dual feeds 3rd gear for 200% more holding. The reason I ask is a friend is rebuilding his unit and he is very interested in going with this kit.

My last shift kit was a transgo and I was very pleased with it, it shifted very well and had good drive-ability. I have since used CK's kit and have dual fed my directs by removing a ring, removing a seal and blocking a feed hole in the valve body. I also added the manual trans-brake. I was hoping he'd go the same route as me but I'm also curious to see how this transgo kit works.

He's not a member here so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

I would think that there arent many ways to dual feed. It has been established that dual feeding and aggressive shift calibrations lead to a shaft failure on the forward drum. The end pretty much twists right off the end or the weld fails.

If I were to go that route a billet forward drum would be on the shopping list to avoid that failure.

Well my buddy did the transgo kit, it came with a servo, the kit actually works very very well. I have never seen a faster 2-3 shift in any car I have owned or driven in. 1-2 is fast and firm under full throttle not a hard bang (ho does have a loose converter, billet forward, planetary, alto carbon band and some other goodies), 3-4 is quick not hard. Part throttle shifts are firm but do not bang.

One thing I did notice is its very sensitive to the slightest increase in tv cable change. We had to back it off a cpl of clicks after setting it correctly.

In the end he's happy.