Translator plus problem

buick1987gn

I'm a bad man.
I just installed a translator plus and extender chip in my car and am having big problems with it. The car will throw a code 33 after every WOT and after about 80 mph it just falls on its face. Im getting 0 knock retard and running 24 psi. Never had this problem before the translator and all the dip switches are set correctly. Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks in advance for the help!

Ummm, "Falls on its face..." what do you mean? And what are your switches set to? Give me the actual settings of ALL the switches. Not meaning to be a smart ass, but I've had a couple folks come over to the house and said "ya, the switches are all set correctly". But they really weren't.

That's why I always ask, what are they set to, not if they're correct.

The code 33 tells me you may need to get your chip updated (bug fix). Call Ramchargers and explain, and they should be happy to take care of the problem. This assumes that the switches are all OK ;)

The switchs are set on on off off and the rotary switches were set to zero and it set a code 45 at idle and fouled the plugs so I set it to lean idle and it was better. But no matter what after about 85 mph the car stops pulling the front end noses over. My previous best was a 12.2 @111 and at the track tuesday It went 13.0 at 99 with the only other changes being a front mount and new trans. The chip is only a few weeks old what kind of patches could it possibly need?

Originally posted by buick1987gn
The switchs are set on on off off and the rotary switches were set to zero and it set a code 45 at idle and fouled the plugs so I set it to lean idle and it was better. But no matter what after about 85 mph the car stops pulling the front end noses over. My previous best was a 12.2 @111 and at the track tuesday It went 13.0 at 99 with the only other changes being a front mount and new trans. The chip is only a few weeks old what kind of patches could it possibly need?

Based on the fact you have the switches in the correct positions;;; and based on you're having the MAF BASE switch in the 0 position, I also have to make the assumption you're running the 3.5" LS1 MAF.

Tough troubleshooting based on assumptions. So if correct I'd recommend giving Ramchargers a call and get your chip replaced with the latest Extender. Should fix your problems.