Transmission Question

MJDreger

Okay, this isn't Buick related but I am trying to get some help/advice on my car. One day I will own a GN, but right now I don't live somewhere that has a garage, and I don't live in the best of neighborhoods right now so I don't want to buy one to leave it outside, but I have much respect for the DARK SIDE.

Okay here is the situation, I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse V6 5spd, it only has 6000 miles on it.

My first question is the 1st to 2nd shift is always crappy, meaning that it is never smooth, no matter what I do, is there a way to adjust something to have it not be so jerky going into second. (yes I do no how to drive a manual transmission)

My second question is that say if I am coasting down a hill in first gear and I push the clutch all the way to the floor, you can hear the car being in gear a little bit, like the clutch is slightly engaged but not all the way.

I have taken it to the dealer once to look at and that told me that was normal, which I don't believe to be true. I have read elsewhere about the manual transmissions having problems.
If anyone could give me some advice/knowledge about a standard transmission I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Mike D.

Ya but he is posting about a mitsu which i believe should only be posted in the lounge and all other forums are for buick related...

You both are right , but seeing as we dont have a lot of non buick tranny questions here I'll let this one slide. But If we start seeing a trend starting we will address it as needed :) .
With all that said , is there anyone that can help this guy out ? I dont know S*** about trannys :eek: (maybe alittle)

Jesse :cool:

I didn't want to cause any problems between people, but I figured since I always see people posting about not TR related stuff on this particular forum it wouldn't be a problem. But thanks for looking.

Mike D

p.s. Thanks Jesse