Transporting my car

Brutal Buick

Guys...I need to get me car moved up to Orlando which is about a 2 hr drive. The car will not make it on its own and needs to be towed. I checked Uhaul and all they have are small tow dollies. I was thinking more of a flatbed trailer to get it up there. My question is if I can't get a flatbed somewhere do you think it would be a good idea to use the tow dolly? Let me know cause I wanna get this done next weekend if possible.

Jamie

Uhaul rents small flatbed trailers that will fit a GN... Id use that, unless its just a hoopty rollbacks are a bad idea IMO

I'm in the process of moving my GN (and Ninja, tools, ramps, and other assorted garage stuff) a long distance, call all of the carriers using their (800) numbers and tell them you are getting quotes and looking for the best price. I called U-Haul, Penske, Ryder, and Budget. I wanted a truck and a trailler for the GN, for 2,000+ miles...pitting them against each other, Budget gave me a 24' truck with trailler for $835, for 2,400 miles and 8 days.

Uhaul calls them Car Haulers but not every location has them. You may have to call around to 3-4 locations to find one. They tow very well.

Sully

I had a bad experience towing with a U Haul trailer.
The guy at the rental place hooked up the wiring wrong. Then once I got it sorted out and actually got the car on the trailer it was scary. That trailer was a piece of junk. Im surpirised it made it the whole way.
Be careful. Check the thing over, tires, lights, ramps, everything. I know of a few others who have had bad experiences with U Haul trailers being poorly serviced.

Penske has aluminum car haulers, but the catch is that they want you to use their truck to tow, which would be a 15' cube or a 22' "One-way" box truck. Might be pricey to rent both for a short move.