TR's too popular??

It's hard for them to be a fad since they're in such great demand.... I mean c'mon, they must have cranked out 80,000 mustakes a month in the 80s and early 90s years... how easy are they to find? too easy :D

Originally posted by Whistlin'87GN
About people not wanting us "kids" to have TR's, its not like we don't take care of them or treat them like a beater first car. I do all the work on my own car and do most of it on my father's with him and I love my car very much.

man.. i didnt see anything about that in the other posts, but if there was thats pretty uncalled for. i have more work into my car than probably 75% of the people on this site, cause i restored it from the ground up. i think i deserve my car, afterall i put all the work and money into it.

No one else said anything like that, I just wanted to say that and I think I worded it incorrectly. I dont think anyone said anything near that. Sorry about that.
-Jeff

ive never experenced snottyness from older tr owners. quite the contrary, my local tr group is made up mostly of people aged between 10 and 30 years more than me and still our get togethers have the same comraderie as when i hang out with guys my age. something about sharing stories about our cars, plans for souping them up, and lending a hand when a repair is needed brings just about anyone together. i think its great what the tr community has going and i know its the kind of people i enjoy hanging around. even if it is mostly a bunch of old fogies;)

i experienced snottyness when i was 16-17, i used to go to the meets and i would point out what the guys had in thier cars, they got kinda pissed that i knew where they got thier part from and what type of mods they had, lol it was kidna funny coem to think of it, still i have meet those jerks, specially the cottons peroformance yellow TR, hes a real jerk!!! i jsut wanted to chat, i hate it when people dont give you the time or day, just cause your older, your better then me? HA!! i can laugh till my death. Evyone else ive met or talked were nice friendly people

i have only seen a few other TR's around me, maybe 4 or 5. but there was no way when i was in high school that i could have afforded a TR. im 21 going on 22 now and i still cant afford one. (the gn is actually my dad's:( i just get to drive it). when i was 17 i drove a 1980 lincoln versailles, which was in good shape, but it was a total grandpa car. it had a 302 and a 3 speed auto, and was a total dog. i knew almost nothing about TRs until about 3 years ago. but i like the blue T, thats kinda what im after for myself, in maybe a darker blue.

im 19 now and i still get the snotty attitude from half of the people..

guess why..

cause mines a hotair..

they love my interior though, and mine is faster than all of their showcars... but alot of them are ****s cause i dont have an 86/87.

Originally posted by TType84
im 19 now and i still get the snotty attitude from half of the people..

guess why..

cause mines a hotair..

they love my interior though, and mine is faster than all of their showcars... but alot of them are ****s cause i dont have an 86/87.

You car looks sweet. Very nice interior. :cool:

Love the licence plate cover too. Had to send that to a few friends, had me laughing for a while. :D

Hey!

Originally posted by matt87
plenty of TRs in my areas. most are toilets

Hey Man! My car may very well be a toilet, but I'll have you know it's got a BRAND NEW WAX RING;) ;) ;)