Truckers inside!!

notacarlo

eggs are liquid chicken
So let's just say yesterday was a fun one.

Started my drive to Atlanta, the clutch started slipping a couple miles from the office. I decided (and lucky i did) that I was going to detour and go to Rush Pete and have it looked at.

Turns out, the bellhousing had cracked block to tranny and was held on by TWO bolts.

Turns out one of the mounts was loose causing the motor to shear the bolts than crack the housing.

I could have killed people yesterday.

National Truck Protection (which I liken to a home warranty company) denied my claim because it was the motor mounts fault the bellhousing went AWOL.

Does that sound right? I read my contract 5 times yesterday sitting in the lounge and everything points to it being covered.

Question: Should I press this with NTP? I called and they shot me down quick. I called back so they could site me exactly where in my contract that it is not covered but they were......CLOSED.

There goes $6800.

If you have a mechanical problem and it costs less than $100 to fix....you are driving a car.

If it costs multiples of hundreds of dollars, you are driving a big truck.

This stinks.

Off to Bright truck rental.

See you on the boards!

The usual policy for any insurance is to deny and see if you fight for it. Most people roll over and accept it, I say fight.

The usual policy for any insurance is to deny and see if you fight for it. Most people roll over and accept it, I say fight.

I may be opening a can of worms here...but I'm gonna ask anyway...why do people assume that insurance companies have some big button on their keyboard that says "deny" and we get amusement out of hitting it just to see if you'll catch it? Seriously...this is NOT at all true! It's an insurance companies job to ensure you get the benefits that are in your contract language...no more, no less. If people knew how FEW claims actually get touched by a human it really is amazing. My area sees 40 MILLION claims per month and only about 2% of those are manually worked...the rest are systematic...which cuts our fun of course...you know, using that big button we love so much. :rolleyes:
Now to the OP: If your contract language says it, then you have the benefit...period.

They are trying to push your out the door. Remember, they think your a trucker and don't have the time to fight it. I say fight it and take it all the way to the top if you have to.

notacarlo I know that one will leave a mark. I just got lucky, I was about 5 miles away from the house & my truck just quit without warning. come to find out the lift pump went south, $444.36 later & now rolling again. but last fall I had a cam gear go out & the final bill on that one was $5700.oo.

For $6800.00 I would spend another $50-60.00 an hour with a lawyer.

Find one that specializes in insurance disputes.

No way I roll over for anyone.

I bought a new 94 T-600 (500 horsepower N-14 with a 13 double over and 3.27 gears) off the lot in Kenworth of Green Bay (they gave me an super deal) and my first trip out I blew the transfer case that locks the axles climbing a very steep hill in a parking lot using 1st gear (don't ask why). Anyway somehow it came out of the factory with the transfer case and rear ends for a small block. Kenworth in Sioux City said it was specked like that and did not want to cover it because any "idiot who ordered it like that should get what he pays for". I get into it with them saying I bought it off the lot and I did not speck it out because I figured the dealer knew what they were doing when they did. I did not think to ask if the rears were specked for the N-14 I assumed they were.

Long story, short after a few phone calls they replaced the transfer case and rears.

Moral of the story, "Never assume anyone knows what they are doing".

Why would the factory even let it go out like that?

Mikey