True daily driver turbo Foxbody Mustang coupe runs 9.37 @144mph.

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
On 93 octane pump gas and just 10lbs of boost with a single 66mm turbo. Oh yeah, Billy Anderson does the tuning!:cool:

**Work Warning for a little bad language.**
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__EZ3oPP21s[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cdBc3Vn7cg[/YOUTUBE]

A 66mm turbo does not have the air flow to run those times, unless the car weighs 2500 lbs. I've seen those turbos run at the best 9.80's mid 135-136 mph on a 3000 lb mustang. This turbo was a Precision PT66 with .81 housing at 20 lbs of boost on a 347 stroker with solid cam, good heads and race gas. There is no way it ran that time with pump gas and that size turbo. Even with alky, hard to believe.:confused:
Don't get me wrong, that's a bad ass mustang just hard to believe it runs that with that combo. Especially a stock production block.

My buddies Mustang with a set of Trick Flow heads,SysteMax Intake,And a Bennett Racing blower cam,With a 62-1 ran 10.3@134 on a stone stock Explorer shortblock.

Had a c4 in it with a Tight azz convertor/Ran the same times on the Stock T5.

It was running 9lbs of boost...And I drove the car down the track many times.

He cracked the Block trying to push it up to 15lbs...Dropped another JunkYard 302 in it,Right back to easy bottom 10's.

I have no doubt that car ran those times with the 66mm turbo.The old school 45A has been bottom 10's in heavy Gn's..thats only a 66mm turbo.

Look at what some of the imports run on the 66mm setups.

A 66mm turbo does not have the air flow to run those times, unless the car weighs 2500 lbs. I've seen those turbos run at the best 9.80's mid 135-136 mph on a 3000 lb mustang. This turbo was a Precision PT66 with .81 housing at 20 lbs of boost on a 347 stroker with solid cam, good heads and race gas. There is no way it ran that time with pump gas and that size turbo. Even with alky, hard to believe.:confused:
Don't get me wrong, that's a bad ass mustang just hard to believe it runs that with that combo. Especially a stock production block.

Well.... we have plenty small cube cars in the hi 9's low 10's with no turbo at all. In fact this coupe went 10.30 with the current engine unboosted! its all in the combination.

If stock Ford blocks held together at that power level there would not be a need for Boss 302 blocks and Dart blocks for the mustangs.

My buddies Mustang with a set of Trick Flow heads,SysteMax Intake,And a Bennett Racing blower cam,With a 62-1 ran 10.3@134 on a stone stock Explorer shortblock.

Had a c4 in it with a Tight azz convertor/Ran the same times on the Stock T5.

It was running 9lbs of boost...And I drove the car down the track many times.

He cracked the Block trying to push it up to 15lbs...Dropped another JunkYard 302 in it,Right back to easy bottom 10's.

I have no doubt that car ran those times with the 66mm turbo.The old school 45A has been bottom 10's in heavy Gn's..thats only a 66mm turbo.

Look at what some of the imports run on the 66mm setups.

I ran 10.50's at 132 mph with a stock block 302 and gt40 iron heads with a 66mm turbo and a C4 with 109 octane. This guy is running over a second faster with pump gas. :confused::confused:

Well.... we have plenty small cube cars in the hi 9's low 10's with no turbo at all. In fact this coupe went 10.30 with the current engine unboosted! its all in the combination.

I would not doubt Bill, he has no reason to lie and his track record with boosted cars speaks for itself!:cool:

I would not doubt Bill, he has no reason to lie and his track record with boosted cars speaks for itself!:cool:

+1

If Billy says its a 66mm Turbo,And the power is in the combo/Tuning...I believe it.

STOCK BLOCK!! NO WAY. Unless its cemented and they managed to add billet steel caps with extra main bolts. That would cost more than just buying a used R block. Oh well!! :rolleyes:

STOCK BLOCK!! NO WAY. Unless its cemented and they managed to add billet steel caps with extra main bolts. That would cost more than just buying a used R block. Oh well!! :rolleyes:

I have seen on Turbomustangs.com and a few other sites guys making them live in the high to mid 9's with both nitrous or turbos and obviously some can make them live longer than others depending on the tuning and the build. I believe this one does have a forged bottom end so to me it's not so ridiculous as you make it sound. It's the same thing with our cars and the 109 block, some have gone very fast with it as well as using factory parts and others end up picking up the pieces.

I have seen on Turbomustangs.com and a few other sites guys making them live in the high to mid 9's with both nitrous or turbos and obviously some can make them live longer than others depending on the tuning and the build. I believe this one does have a forged bottom end so to me it's not so ridiculous as you make it sound. It's the same thing with our cars and the 109 block, some have gone very fast with it as well as using factory parts and others end up picking up the pieces.

I've been around Mustangs and raced them for 15 years. I have owned 6 Mustangs 5.0 L. They will hold for a little while at high 9's with stock block that's it. Why did they make BOSS and DART to hold up to hp levels. I've had 3 turbo regals and the 109 block is alot stronger than a stock 5.0 block. Must be the nickel in the 109 block makes them live longer than the Ford.
It does not matter if the Ford stock block has a forge steel crank, H beam rods and JE pistons the block will split from the timing cover down to the main webbings.;)

Here's a friends coupe with a stock 5.0 block, no fill. Rotating assembly is from his old DSS kit. It's a 306ci with an old T72 p-trim turbo kit. It's also been 9.4's at 140 with a milder tune than it had in this video.

It split the block with his old combo with the stock computer. Since installing the BS3 system it's had no issues and has been beat on all year. Since I started working on the car it's needed bigger injectors, better valvesprings and more fuel pump but it's gone from a 6.80 car in the 1/8 to consistent 5.9-6.0 passes buy just refining the combo. He runs on a 275/60 MT ET Street.

Here's a video, right after this pass his family climbed in and he drove it 45 minutes back home.

YouTube - 89bluecoupe's Channel

The block can take a beating but it really is all in the tune up. I have much more control over it with the BS3 than with the stock computer and I feel it's the reason why the car has lived as long as it has.

Here's a friends coupe with a stock 5.0 block, no fill. Rotating assembly is from his old DSS kit. It's a 306ci with an old T72 p-trim turbo kit. It's also been 9.4's at 140 with a milder tune than it had in this video.

It split the block with his old combo with the stock computer. Since installing the BS3 system it's had no issues and has been beat on all year. Since I started working on the car it's needed bigger injectors, better valvesprings and more fuel pump but it's gone from a 6.80 car in the 1/8 to consistent 5.9-6.0 passes buy just refining the combo. He runs on a 275/60 MT ET Street.

Here's a video, right after this pass his family climbed in and he drove it 45 minutes back home.

YouTube - 89bluecoupe's Channel

The block can take a beating but it really is all in the tune up. I have much more control over it with the BS3 than with the stock computer and I feel it's the reason why the car has lived as long as it has.

Did it run the 9.40's on pump gas?? I understand the tune up will help it live longer than an aggressive tune, but if this was the case we would see a bunch of more cars running stock blocks instead of R, Boss, Dart. Maybe the block in the 89bluecoupe is a Mexican Block which is a little stronger than the Canada block. If not you have a freak of nature.:eek:

Did it run the 9.40's on pump gas?? I understand the tune up will help it live longer than an aggressive tune, but if this was the case we would see a bunch of more cars running stock blocks instead of R, Boss, Dart. Maybe the block in the 89bluecoupe is a Mexican Block which is a little stronger than the Canada block. If not you have a freak of nature.:eek:

No Mexican block.

It went well into the 9's on pump gas but lately we've been running C-16. The goal was 5.9's in the 1/8 so the 1/4 time wasn't a concern.

When it went 9.4's the 1/8 was around 6.15. I know it could go 9.2-9.3 out the back on the current tune.

He knows it's a freak and the Dart block engine is sitting in the floor waiting for this one to expire. He wants an 8 second street car so the new engine will take him there.

The plan was to put the Dart block in this winter but he's now thinking of going even further with the stock block. I found a couple issues with the car last time out so I know it will go 5.8's in the 1/8 with the current set-up.

No doubt the stock block is good for low 10's and high 9's. The aftermarket blocks are good insurance past that.

Lets not lose sight of the big picture...

No Mexican block.

It went well into the 9's on pump gas but lately we've been running C-16. The goal was 5.9's in the 1/8 so the 1/4 time wasn't a concern.

When it went 9.4's the 1/8 was around 6.15. I know it could go 9.2-9.3 out the back on the current tune.

He knows it's a freak and the Dart block engine is sitting in the floor waiting for this one to expire. He wants an 8 second street car so the new engine will take him there.

The plan was to put the Dart block in this winter but he's now thinking of going even further with the stock block. I found a couple issues with the car last time out so I know it will go 5.8's in the 1/8 with the current set-up.

No doubt the stock block is good for low 10's and high 9's. The aftermarket blocks are good insurance past that.

The times are great but are they being made @ 10 to 11 pounds of boost?

The times are great but are they being made @ 10 to 11 pounds of boost?

This particular car needs 19# to run 145mph. The bigger the engine and the better the head flows, the less boost needed to make the power.

This is a 306ci with a set of TFS heads straight from Jeg's. With more ci, a btter set of heads running 140+ on 11psi is very possible.