Trying to figure this car out

ALblackT

So this T i recently aquired has some work done on it, and i cant figure for the life of me
what the previous owner/owners were thinking. For instance, ARP head bolts on
apparently stock heads. I am a complete noob to turbo regals so it may make complete
sense to some of you.

My question this time is about my turbo. It has a garret compressor housing and a precision
hot side. What is going on with this?
b6ab8h.jpg

33eo4ko.jpg

Note the painted blade, does that mean anything? and another has a stamp of some sort on it,
i cant read it.
egv2o7.jpg

Also,
mt6usn.jpg

Stock springs? anything else interesting to speak of here?

You have a 'bigger' turbo, non stock springs, and a non stock downpipe. The reason there's ARP head bolts is because the stock bolts can't be reused, so it seems the heads have been off at some time.

There's no way to tell for sure without pulling the housing and measuring the wheels. The previous owner doesn't know what kind of turbo he bought?

There's no way to tell for sure without pulling the housing and measuring the wheels. The previous owner doesn't know what kind of turbo he bought?
He was in the same boat as i am. Only he didnt have the patience to figure it out. He didnt know.

You may also have a higher stall torque converter to match the turbo....and larger injectors...and intercooler....and fuel pump... and after market chip. Also, you might want to get more info on what caused the head gasket to blow. My guess is the fuel pump went south at WOT. If that is the case did the previous owner replace the fuel pump?

I do have green stripe injectors. stock intercooler, at least looks that way. It has a turbo tweak chip. The fuel pump has been hotwired. I talked to the previous previous owner, and he said the pump was a small one. (his words). One thing the car is doing, once it gets to about 7 lbs of boost, it starts to studder. Is that possibly knock retard? I know it has stock heat range plugs in it. And i have no idea
what fuel is in it. Didnt get to drive it enough to run it out before i wrecked it. *another thread* grumble. There was a direct scan thing in the console, but no cable for a laptop. and i dont have one old
enough to use it so i guess thats useless to me.

Is it wrecked beyond repair? If you still drive it, I think I would replace the fuel pump, or at least hook up a fuel pressure gauge that you can see while driving to make sure the pressure is rising with boost. I never heard of a "small" pump.

there is a guage inside the encgine bay, that reads 42 lbs, and increases with throttle, not necessarily with boost. I cannot tell from inside the car. I havent been able to get the body damage fixed
so i havent made it far enough into it to get another in cab guage. and by small pump, im guessing he means stock, although it is quite noisy when it comes on.

the gauge sounds like a fuel pressure gauge. (and it sounds like you're fuel pressure might be too high)

Did that car come from the Muscle Shoals area? Have a big tach? If thats it I remember seeing it around. that car actually outrun a co worker of mines 81 camaro with a 408. Does this sound like you r car?

Whats wrong with ARP head bolts on stock heads? Sounds like who ever did the work did the best he could on a budget or didn't feel like dropping over a grand on heads.

Oh the thought I had when I saw arp bolts, was, what's inside this motor...certainly nothing wrong with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app