trying to get rid of knock!

dboosted1

I have installed scanmaster on my Tr and have seen as much as 20*KR. To remedy this I have installed a Walbro340 w/ hotwire, replaced the fuel filter, installed a afpr and set it to 40psi line off. I have done a couple of runs and I am still up getting 10* to 15* kr? Next I am doing a fuel tune up with plugs and wires. If this dosnt help what else should I check? Could a bad maf or o2 sensor cause this much knock? All this is happening @ 15psi? What can be making it knock so bad at stock psi levels?

I have also just installed a front mount and have noticed when i let off the gas and it sputters knock will register?

I also have/getting 009 injectors w/ thrasher 009 chips but I do not want to install them just to make my problems worse.

HOPE YOU SQUARE YOUR PROBLEM AWAY I HAVE SAME WITH 40*inj new wires coilpack plugs filter 17lbs boost it has been segusted that i go with higher octane fuel because of not knowing what chip is in the car

well i had the same problem to. i kept on spending money and money i bought a dual in the tank pump i thought the XP pump wasn't pumping the volume i bought 55 pound injectors because i thought i was running out of injector they were 009 well anyway i bought a ported intake at bowling greene it's was ported by champion so it matches the champion heads that i have any i went to change the intake happen to see that the drivers side head gasket was blown my car never ran hot no water in the pan and never used any water that fixed my problem i hope this didn't happen to you i fought this for about five months thanks Rob

Do spring cleaning on gnttype.org and check your chip.. It could be pulling too much timing out ! :)

My first guess would be the maf. If it doesn't register 255gps at WOT then the maf is not showing all the air that the engine is getting. Meaning, that you floor it, the maf shows 180 gps, so it dumps in fuel to match that. The problem is that the maf is doing more than 255gps, but the computer thinks its 180gps so the fuel to match that would make the car very lean and cause it to knock.

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
My first guess would be the maf. If it doesn't register 255gps at WOT then the maf is not showing all the air that the engine is getting. Meaning, that you floor it, the maf shows 180 gps, so it dumps in fuel to match that. The problem is that the maf is doing more than 255gps, but the computer thinks its 180gps so the fuel to match that would make the car very lean and cause it to knock.

Can the maf 255gps be measured on the AF setting on scamaster2.1?

thanks

Dboosted, yes, the AF, air flow, should max at 255. If it doesn't, then that could be the problem.

I do not want to use the power plate because I see that as a cruch. That would be my last option. There is no reason I shouldnt be able to get rid of this knock.

I have the boost turned down but I need a little to see if it still knocks after I change something.

dboosted,
Good choice. Don't use that powerplate to get rid of knock at 15lbs. If you have knock at that level, then you have other problems. Once you can run 15-16 lbs of boost with no knock then put the plate on and turn it up another notch. Check to see if your maf maxes out if not then I would say that is your problem.

I don't see the Power Plate as a crutch.

It's purpose is to distribute air evenly to all cylinders.. which coincidently lowers knock counts. It's definitely not your bolt-on solution to eliminating 20* of knock but it certainly can help your situation.

My guess would be that 40lbs in the rail is not enough fuel possibly. Especially if you don't have those 009s in yet. Plugs and wires get checked next.

P.S. I think KR is pretty common when letting off boost. That's nothing to worry about I don't think.

want more info....

i would like more info on how you found a head gasket blown with out taking off the heads(or did you)?? i have had KR for the longest time and cannot get rid of it at all (chip, coils, sensors, tuning , ny next little step is to throw some avation fuel in and try that , but i would like more info on that head gasket story. thanks :)