Trying to replace old aftermarket radio….

erikelvis

Hey guys,

Anyone know what I’m looking at here. Using a later Buick radio with cd to replace the funky looking aftermarket one. Of course couldn’t be plug and play as the last installer spliced wires. Any help would be appreciated!
IMG_2178.jpeg

I’m not sure what’s going on with the wiring coming from the car. If anyone has some pics of the proper plugs back there that would be great.

And what’s that green box?

Got her in. Last installer didn’t make it easy as they cut the stock wiring pretty far back. Sounds decent. Nothing mind blowing but I don’t care. I tend to like to listen to the car anyway. When I use BT though I have a hum or buzz coming from the front speakers. I’m not sure what speakers are in there but they are aftermarket from the 90’s. Anything to look for?

Attachments

• IMG_2186.jpeg
    IMG_2186.jpeg
    390.5 KB · Views: 47
I’m not sure what’s going on with the wiring coming from the car. If anyone has some pics of the proper plugs back there that would be great.

And what’s that green box?
Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner. Glad to hear you got it wired up. I have the schematics of the radio wiring if you need them in the future. the green box is the Vehicle Speed Sensor - link VSS

Have some interference or something coming out of the speakers. Not loud but noticeable when musics not on. Anything to look for?