TTAs in the magazines

72firebird

Well I'm trying to get a list together of articles and/or owners with their TTAs in Magazines. I'm looking for anything from a partial page brief about the owner to a full feature. Here's a link to a spreadsheet I made that lists the magazines I've gotten so far. If you have any of the magazines, know what was featured in them, who was featured, or any information please post it. Also if you know of additional magazines that I don't have listed that would be greatly appreciated also.

http://home.comcast.net/~FIRE72BIRD/89TTAMagazines.rtf

Who has the Pontiac Enthusiast issue? I'd like to see that. I never knew there were so many publications with TTA's in them. I have some but no where near all those! Someone needs to sell them to me! :)

phillyturbosix said:
Hey you missed me! Hemmings Feb. 06 :cool:

haha I realised that after I posted it and printed myself out a copy. I've got 2 copys of your magazine already though.

Yeah I didn't realize that there was this many magazines either until I started checking some of the TTA sites that list publications and made a list. Now some of the magazines are just someone in like the little shootouts that they have in some of the magazines that list mods, track times, and a little write up on the owner and the car. However I believe a lot of them are major articles.

Anyways the main reason I'm making the list is so I can take it with me to swap meets to the people who just have boxes of old magazines and I have a list of what I do and don't have yet. Then if I can find multiple magazines from one person I can work a deal kind of like a group buy.

phillyturbosix said:
Who has the Pontiac Enthusiast issue? I'd like to see that. I never knew there were so many publications with TTA's in them. I have some but no where near all those! Someone needs to sell them to me! :)

I'm pretty sure I have the Pontiac Enthusiast somewhere in the basement. I look for it tomorrow and see if I can find it down there. I'll let you know what it features if I do happen to find it.

There's tons of magazine from 88 and on featuring our TTA's, I got pretty much all of them and it's a stack a foot high of magazines (or more).

When I'm back home and have some time I'll see if I can help completing the list, I thought many times I would scan and put all the magz on a web site but not sure when I will get around to that one ...

72firebird said:
haha I realised that after I posted it and printed myself out a copy. I've got 2 copys of your magazine already though.

You only bought 2!!?? I bought 200 of them! :tongue: :D

Yea can't wait to see the complete list! I knew it was only a matter of time Mr Jan would post that he has every publication known to man kind on the TTA's! :) I wish there was a way I could display all of them. The more I take my car to shows I realise people have no damn clue what it is! I had a guy tryin to tell me I converted the car! :mad: But it's fun putting them in their place! :D

phillyturbosix said:
You only bought 2!!?? I bought 200 of them! :tongue: :D

Yea can't wait to see the complete list! I knew it was only a matter of time Mr Jan would post that he has every publication known to man kind on the TTA's! :) I wish there was a way I could display all of them. The more I take my car to shows I realise people have no damn clue what it is! I had a guy tryin to tell me I converted the car! :mad: But it's fun putting them in their place! :D

Actually that's the reason I'm going to be collecting them. I'm gunna scan them in and print the articles out. Then I'm gunna make a binder of all the articles that I can get and maybe pick like 2 of the best articles that I will have laying out for them to be able to read. Or some of the articles that have the stock statistics to show how badass the TTA really was. Then for those that are really interested I'll have the binder that'll feature things like paperwork from GM, my letter from PHS, other articles, and any other odd and end I find.

Did you really buy 200 of them? haha

72firebird said:
Actually that's the reason I'm going to be collecting them. I'm gunna scan them in and print the articles out. Then I'm gunna make a binder of all the articles that I can get and maybe pick like 2 of the best articles that I will have laying out for them to be able to read. Or some of the articles that have the stock statistics to show how badass the TTA really was. Then for those that are really interested I'll have the binder that'll feature things like paperwork from GM, my letter from PHS, other articles, and any other odd and end I find.

Did you really buy 200 of them? haha

Sounds like a cool project! Should come out nice. Make me one up too! :) I'll have to dig around and make sure I don't have anything you don't with the publication on the TTA.

Yea I bought 200 issues of the Hemmings with my car in it! :eek: :D If your car is in there they sell them to you dirt cheap and they gave me free shipping! I asked the editor who bought the most issues when their car was in it.. He said one guy who owned a Charger was on the cover and the guy bought 800 copies! Then called a few days later and ordered another 200 more! :eek: He wanted it to sell out I guess! The editor said most people who have their car in there order anywhere from 100 to 300 issues! So I'm somewhat normal :) It was a good thing I got the 200 though.. I'm down to about 50 or 60 now. Between giving them away to family members and friends they go fast! You feel bad because everyone you know who knows the car, wants to see it and you can't just show them and say order your own! :)

phillyturbosix said:
Sounds like a cool project! Should come out nice. Make me one up too! :) I'll have to dig around and make sure I don't have anything you don't with the publication on the TTA.

Yea I bought 200 issues of the Hemmings with my car in it! :eek: :D If your car is in there they sell them to you dirt cheap and they gave me free shipping! I asked the editor who bought the most issues when their car was in it.. He said one guy who owned a Charger was on the cover and the guy bought 800 copies! Then called a few days later and ordered another 200 more! :eek: He wanted it to sell out I guess! The editor said most people who have their car in there order anywhere from 100 to 300 issues! So I'm somewhat normal :) It was a good thing I got the 200 though.. I'm down to about 50 or 60 now. Between giving them away to family members and friends they go fast! You feel bad because everyone you know who knows the car, wants to see it and you can't just show them and say order your own! :)

if you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge you for them. You can PM me if you want, but my dad works in the printing industry and we were talking about how much it actually cost to print a magzine about like that.

yea it was somewhere around a buck. Was one of those things where they gave me so many free and then paid a little for the rest and free shipping. I just said gimme 200 and here is my credit card number :)

There are tons of magazines with small articles or even mentions in them.
Don't forget all the books, softbound and hardbound.
I have a huge list of mags and books. In fact, Jan has bought alot of mags off me!
I am updating the list almost every month too, and even I don't have every one.
There are club newsletters out there, as well as club magazines too.

George :cool: