Tubbed GN

Hyper

I am thinking of tubbing my mint 87 GN, It is a 57,000 mile orginal car with bolt ons. Never been apart. I want to install a fab 9 inch with coil overs and a wishbone 4 link. I want the car to carry 21.50's on the back and sit stock hight. Anyone have any pictures of a Tubbed GN? I would love to see them. I may even consider trading it for a prostreet car that is tubbed, Mopar, chevy...no ford. Please send pictures to WatersRacing@bellsouth.net

thanks helping me make up my mind.

Hey bud...
This is zilla5.9 from TDR ,Im actually starting A similar project although Im starting with an 84 n/a regal which is backhalved and caged,For now its going to run a 396 BBC until I can find a stage 2 motor..I really dont know about cutting a mint GN as mine only has 19,000 miles and the mere thought of that scares me..
Theres a few cars in vehicles for sale that might already be tubbed and caged for a descent price ,there used to be a few rolling chassis avalible.
Good luck!!!!

what would a good price for tubbing it correctly be? also thinking about this. thanks

HYPER, I assume you are going to put a stage motor in it, so why not keep the GN in present form and do up a NA regal and make it a GN clone? The $2k or so for a mint regal will pay for itself by keeping the value of the GN and you will have 2 cars. The value in a race car is the rolling chassis and the motor. JMHO though.

By the time you tub, cage it.fuel cell etc. You could buy a roller for much less.One of the members had one for sale on here for around 10k and let me tell you if you go with good parts it will cost you more to build then that!!

Plus it will make youre mint gn almost worthless.

Go buy one already done and save money.

I was considering tubbing a car also. But ,At what point would you start tubbing a car. 9 seconds and faster? Thanks guys.

lol theres several tubed cars around here that prolly cant break 14s:D i think they called it prostreet or somethen back in the 80s, correct me if im wrong. but alot of people would have a car tubed for that "race car look" and not have the engine to back it up.

Equalizer 442, We have a lot of "SLOW STREETERS" In my neck of the woods also. In fact many of my saturday nite street racing victorys came from the" pro streeters."

tubbed

I am just looking for a prostreet look, does anyone have pictures of a tubbed GN?

tubbed

I am looking at 69 camaros and mopars, I like 68 cuda's fastback to, if anyone has one they would think about trading for a GN let me know.

Oh yes I deleted my earlier post as it was directed towards my brother AKA "boosted"

Sorry if anyone read it wrong, he deleted his post before my post so it looked as i was talking to someone else....dang kids likes to play!!

Well hyper is not going to tubb the GN...He traded it off for a 68 camero that is blown and tubbed......I wonder if he made the right choice....Time will tell....

Originally posted by onefastjackass
By the time you tub, cage it.fuel cell etc. You could buy a roller for much less.One of the members had one for sale on here for around 10k and let me tell you if you go with good parts it will cost you more to build then that!!

Plus it will make youre mint gn almost worthless.

Go buy one already done and save money.

You was right, If I tubbed the GN it would be worthless, But now I just traded it for a 67 Camaro...black of corse!!!!

No more turbo but I still have boost!!:p