TUCSON AZ! (another new guy checkin' in)

mac911

Hey all,

I just picked up an '87 GN about a month ago... I've been into Turbo Buicks on and off for the last 10 years or so. Cruzin' the site, it looks like a couple guys in Tucson and a bunch of very knowledgable people up in the phoenix area, I had a couple emails back and forth with Mr. Micale prior to the purchase (you where spot on, thanks!). I work overseas, so it will take time to meet up with ya'll but I plan to be a part of this community.

I think I was stationed with BOOST231, if you get the chance shoot me an email...

Thanks guy,

Brian

Welcome!

now your hooked! ha ha
good choice in seek advice from Nick,
boost231 would be Brent, he's on here frequently.

Welcome to the So Western section. There's beer in the fridge. Make yourself at home. Anything done to your car, or is it a stocker?

Mike Barnard

Hey all,

I just picked up an '87 GN about a month ago... I've been into Turbo Buicks on and off for the last 10 years or so. Cruzin' the site, it looks like a couple guys in Tucson and a bunch of very knowledgable people up in the phoenix area, I had a couple emails back and forth with Mr. Micale prior to the purchase (you where spot on, thanks!). I work overseas, so it will take time to meet up with ya'll but I plan to be a part of this community.

I think I was stationed with BOOST231, if you get the chance shoot me an email...

Thanks guy,

Brian
Welcome & you're in good hands with Nick one of the top Buick guys over there in Phoenix.

Welcome!
And just to help you out with the denial phase...you are now addicted....so get over it and enjoy your Turbo Buick.:D

Thanks for the kind welocme guys...

SPOOLFOOL2, from what I remember it has an adjustable fuel reg, 3" down pipe, larger intercooler neck... I have spent a small fortune on additional items to install when I get back to the states: hotwire kit, full braces, DSE rear sway bar and a scan master (which I plan to mount discreetly).

I agree, and have no doubt that I am addicted.

Brian

Welcome, post up when you get back to Tucson. I would like to checkout your Buick. take care

Welcome mac911,

You will find a lot of support in the Southwest section. I grew up in Tucson and try to make a couple of races at SIR each year. I will let you guys know the next time I hed to Tucson so maybe we can meet up.

RJ

Thanks guys, I'll post when I make it back to AZ perhaps there will be something going on...

See ya around the board.

Brian

Hey Everyone, how ya doin? I'm Troy, a newb up in casa Grande. I had a 87 gn bought new that was stolen so was outta the game awhile but am back with an 87 tr thats been fairly modified. Never learned to work on the first one, so been reading a LOT for the past 3weeks and have got all the parts I ordered so time to play. I know these cars (and me!)and don't like heat so when do ya start hitting the track? Not really trying to turn this thing into a race car, just a really fast reliable street car that I can play with at the track. Look forward to meeting with ya!

mac911, whats your last name? i was stationed at DM for awhile. im now in SoCal but my car is still in AZ

mac911 said:
Hey all,

Thanks guy,

Brian

Hey Brian,

Welcome to the ultimate drug that rehab can not fix. When you get back in Tucson hit me up. I live in Sierra Vista, Az (Ft Huachuca). Nick in Phoenix is a cool guy..... I am going to try to take my car to Tucson track in the beginning of Sept if no issues. Nick is getting me a trans for my car. Maybe we could meet up!!!!

turbotroy said:
Hey Everyone, how ya doin? I'm Troy, a newb up in casa Grande. I had a 87 gn bought new that was stolen so was outta the game awhile but am back with an 87 tr thats been fairly modified. Never learned to work on the first one, so been reading a LOT for the past 3weeks and have got all the parts I ordered so time to play. I know these cars (and me!)and don't like heat so when do ya start hitting the track? Not really trying to turn this thing into a race car, just a really fast reliable street car that I can play with at the track. Look forward to meeting with ya!

Welcome as well! Go see Nick, he is about 45 min from your place!

Well, i just bought a GN in Arizona & it will probably need some work. Since I used all my money to buy it I wonder if Nick Michale will fix it on credit. I can pay him as soon as my brother straightens out. The only problem is he has a hunch back. :)