Tuning help..

jcawley3

I have put some new stuff on the car... aem wideband, new chip. 6.1 ... I made 2 passing at the track, sent a log to Eric and he said it was off pretty bad. Advising me to tackle the high BLM's first. That the BLM's @ WOT are at max correction. My question is. Where do I start with this? I searched for a VAC leak and can come up with nothing. I thought I had a header leak but have re torqued them and don't see any cracks there. What direction should I go now? Its there some sort of "checkoff list" I can go through? thanks, John

Few things off the top of my head
Did you go over the headers with the car idling with a hose in your ear and run the other end over every part of the header?
Rise/fall rate of fuel PSI correct?
Is the vac signal steady at idle in gear? What is the vac at idle?
The vacs leaks can be sneaky. I would pull both rocker shafts and psi (25 or 30 psi) the inlet tract from the compressor inlet on and start spraying everything down with soapy water solution. Years back I did this and found 3 ports seeping on intake manifold, every fitting on vac block (aftermarket), Egr leaking internally through stem and the IC to uppipe would seal up to 17 ish psi and then it would blow open seep and reseal at 15ish.
Good place to start.

These work well
http://www.siliconeintakes.com/index.php?cPath=8&osCsid=ddf1fd98e7d63bc35c05429c0acb55dd

car has been faster. was a pretty easy run as far as boost. car was slow until about the 330 to 1/8 then really started pulling hard through the traps. got to learn to tune it properly.....