Tuning

scott2004ss

:confused:Being new to the TR world, I hear a lot about tuning these cars, but I have not been able to find a step by step guide to tuning. I know you need a scan tool, which I have. However, once I scan, how exactly do I make changes so that my car is running the best it can?:confused: I'm sure something like this has been posted somewhere, but I cannot find it. Any help on how to tune (an idiot's guide) would be helpful --- or point me in the right direction to find it.

Thanks,

Scott

That’s good that you have a scan tool. Now you need to find out what kind of chip is in the car (i.e. TT,Reds,ect,ect). If one is not in the car, I would say start with a TT chip, fuel pump and adjustable regulator if you haven’t already. From there you can begin to tune. Of course you will need to know what all those numbers on the scan master mean. If you can do that I hear there is no limit. (It’s all in the tune). I would also suggest that you scour this site high and low because there is an abundance amount of info in here.

I would also say go to Turbo Regal Web Site. You will find alot of good info on tuning there as well. Good luck!!

Right now there is a Red's 93 chip in the car.
I've been able to find out what the codes mean on the scan tool, but not how to tune it.:confused: