TURBO 03 cobra makes 734rwhp

Dyno numbers are nice and all, but take that fugger to the track and then see what she does cause it's all about putting the power to the ground!

BTW, I'm sure the crank is liking the turbo compared to the supercharger.....

Re: Re: TURBO 03 cobra makes 734rwhp

Originally posted by kenny
Not big enough, Kenne Bell cars can already make those numbers and installing them is much easier.

I love the turbo kit, but I don't think it will outsell the Kenne Bell's.

Bigger, more boost, make 1,000hp, then sell the kit. :D

Peak HP isn't why a turbo is better. The turbo can make TORQUE!

Superchargers can't make full boost at 2500 RPM like a turbo can.

With Identical Peak HP, a Turbo will rip a Superchargers head off at the track.

Ya who cares ? I thought this was a turbo buick site ?? Those Mustangs chassis & interior are dated , they finally put a motor that makes horsepower as advertised . A friend let me drive his was not that impressed. My old 2000 SS Camaro with minor bolt-ons would have smoked it . :D

Re: Re: Re: TURBO 03 cobra makes 734rwhp

Originally posted by UNGN
Peak HP isn't why a turbo is better. The turbo can make TORQUE!

Superchargers can't make full boost at 2500 RPM like a turbo can.

With Identical Peak HP, a Turbo will rip a Superchargers head off at the track.

I know, I'd rather have the turbo, but most guys will probably go the Kenne Bell route.

I'd love to have either, but I think it's pretty obvious I'm more of a turbo fan. ;)

... I just want to see 1,000hp out of one so I can laugh at all the haters some more. :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: TURBO 03 cobra makes 734rwhp

Originally posted by kenny

... I just want to see 1,000hp out of one so I can laugh at all the haters some more. :D

I'm sure you will see 1000hp out of one easily when somebody puts on a big enough turbo and turns up the boost.... Will it impress me? No! Why you ask? Because Tim Palmer has already made well over 1000hp with his stock heads and cams 4V "big thumper turbo" Modular motor 98 Cobra..... Yeah it even had a stock block according to what I read in MM&FF and it actually was making around 1200hp because his pretty much full weight (the car weighed around 3200-3400lbs if my memory serves me correct) Cobra ran 8.36 @163mph with a single 91.5mm turbo at the 2002 Mod motor shootout.... Those Ford Modular V8 motors that are DOHC with 4V heads are perfect for a turbo or blower setup, so it doesn't surprise me that they make crazy power with some boost!!! I don't understand why people are so shocked at the numbers these motors are making? It's pretty damn simple.... you have a very efficient V8 motor with really good flowing heads and then you add some boost to the equation (obviously making sure it has enough fuel as well and that the CR isn't too high but Ford took care of that for the '03 Cobras so you don't have to).... Now don't you think the car is going to make crazy HP?? I sure as hell would expect it to!!!!

Oh yeah if you don't believe me about Tim's Cobra check out this link.....

http://www.cartech.net/fordturbo4Vthp.htm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TURBO 03 cobra makes 734rwhp

Originally posted by 86brick

I know, I'm completely agree with you. I love the mod motors.

It just cracks me up seeing what all the people that talked down about the 03 Cobra's when they were coming out have to say now...

Probably the single best buy for a performance car ever sold anywhere in the world. :D

Originally posted by Dzdave
Ya who cares ? I thought this was a turbo buick site ?? Those Mustangs chassis & interior are dated , they finally put a motor that makes horsepower as advertised . A friend let me drive his was not that impressed. My old 2000 SS Camaro with minor bolt-ons would have smoked it . :D

The only minor bolt on (besides a better driver) that would allow a 2000 SS Camaro to beat a 03 Cobra would be a huge shot of spray. :D