Turbo Buick article in Fastest Street Car Mag

Black Box

Out cruisin'.
Just got the July issue of FSC mag, there's a 4 page article in there about what it generally takes to build a 10-second Turbo Buick.

I've just scanned through it, seems pretty interesting. I was pleased to see a TR article in FSC, I think it's the first time I've even seen a TR mentioned in this mag.

Seems that TR's are getting lots of exposure lately....feature articles in Car Craft (as well as Readers Rides), PHR, and now a hardcore race mag. :cool: Good to see that we're getting props. Thanks to the author (Pat Rubio) for writing the article, great job!

Anybody else get this mag?

Steve

I don't have it yet but I will go out tomorrow and look for it. I did pick up the July issue of Popular Hot Rodding and it had a 4 pg. article on Heath Elmer's GNX. Very nice looking car with a mean stance.

Where did you get your copy at? I went all over Greenville but couldn't find it anywhere. July must literally be a "hot" month. The July issues of Turbo, PHR, and Fastest Street Car all have good turbo Buick articles. Also, my trip to Greenville wasn't a waste as I did pick up the new issue of GM High-Tech and it has a very good 15 page articles on 6 turbo Buicks shooting it out at the dragstrip. It too is the July/August issue. What a great month for turbo Regals in magazines.

fastest streetcar mag

Does anyone know Patrick Rubio the guy who wrote the piece on the 10 sec build up? I would like to talk to him.
thanks Richie

Pat Rubio

Hey Richie,
If I am not mistaken he works at PTE. At least was the last time I seen him at the nat's. His screen name is RUQWKNF on here. Hope this helps.

Steve

I haven't read the article, but if it about his grey stage II T-Type please let me know too, since a friend of mine here in MD bought it from Pat.

It's not about anyones car it just talks about how to hot rod a buick and his car is not in it. My car is on top of the page with someone else on the bottom of the page.

TURBOKID said:
Does anyone know Patrick Rubio the guy who wrote the piece on the 10 sec build up? I would like to talk to him.
thanks Richie

Call PTE at 219-996-7832 and ask for Patrick.