Turbo Buick Newsletter Show?

87 WE2

I WAS CURIOUS IF ANYONE KNOWS WHEN THE TURBOBUICK NEWSLETTER CAR SHOW IS? ITS USUALLY IN AUGEST, IN LIMERICK PA. HOWEVER I HEARD A RUMOR THAT THERE MAY NOT BE A SHOW THIS YEAR, THAT WOULD BE A SHAME BECAUSE IT USUALLY IS A FUN EVENT A LOT OF TURBO CARS COME OUT FOR.
I COULD HAVE BAD INFO ON THIS ITS JUST THAT I HEARD THAT IT WAS NOT HAPPENING.
IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION ON THE SHOW PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

THANKS

."GRAND NASH" I've been wanting to know too. It is definitely one of the better all TR shows in the area.

The guy that runs the newsletter (Daryl Riegel I think) has had a couple deaths in his family earlier this year, one being his father. So because of this things are kinda in limbo.

I did e-mail the newsletter on their web-site about the show, and the response I got was that the show has not been scheduled "YET". And for me to check their web-site for any updates. So they really didn't say they were or were not going to have the show still. But my feeling or guess is that it will be canceled this year :( :(

Just my luck!:rolleyes: I finally have the car together this year and was planning on going to the show WITH the car instead of just being a spectater.

The answers to our questions!

I recieved this response from the Turbo Buick Newsletter staff in response to my question about this years show.

(Quote from TBN:)
We are not planning a show for this year. My father
an all of the back-office tasks for the show and the newsletter and without him, I simply cannot keep it up. I simply don't have the time.
What's interesting is that I have received quite a few e-mails and calls about "this year's show", but no one has volunteered to assist in the running of the show in order to save it. Year after year, we ask for help, but only the same small group volunteers and since it is such a small group, those people never get really to enjoy the show. No one is paid for helping, but everyone should be able to enjoy the show. A more detailed explanation will be forthcoming in the next issue. We are endorsing the Cecil County show instead.
(End Quote)

So that puts an end to the questions about the show this year. Lookfor more info in the next issue of the TB newsletter due to be released around the end of augest.
Please do not e-mail the TBN they are working on upcomming issues, and arevery busy in doing that. More info is to follow in the next issue of the newsletter.