turbo change

okc87gn

Would I benefit by going to a bigger turbo like from a ta49 to a te60 . I already have 009's in the car. Would like to see 11.30 out of it, but don't know if the 49 can get there. What do you guys think who have changed more than 2 turbo's on youre car .What have you learn?:rolleyes:

You'll probably run out of injector trying to hit 11.30s with 009s. A 60 is a minimum step up from a 49, I don't think it would be worth your time/money.

Well that means Major Bucks for Inj. and New Turbo. Since I already have the TA49 would changing to bigger Inj then 009's would that help to get me there. Thanks

I have the 009s in my car and constantly ran rich with a TE-60. With my new bigger turbo I am keeping the 009s. I won't run much boost anyways, maybe 18 psi, so I should be fine. People have gone 10s with 009s. One instance that comes to mind is a guy who had a seventh injector and 009s and ran 10.32 at 129 mph. This was back in '95 and we all know how far chips have come since then. A friend of mine has 009s plus 2 extra injectors plumbed in and runs consistent low 10s with a PT-70.

Not much of a step up. If your going to change your whole combo, might as well at least go to a 62. JMHO

If someone I knew wanted to buy a turbo and injectors, I'd recommend a minimum of 50's and a TE62.

I like 66 and up turbos, of course 45A also! 11.30s is moving, I think you are going to have a hard time seeing those # out of either the 49 or the 009 injectors. Also, don't forget that if you up to one of the above turbos, you should go to a bigger cam and P & P heads.

Jason