Turbo Clipping

Dubwho

I have done a lot of research on the web on turbo clipping. I understand the pros and cons, so I'm not trying to make a thread on "why not to" or "why to" clip a turbine blade or which shop to take it to. I just have not been able to find out how a machinist actually cuts the material off the wheel. I guess people have just filed blades by hand, but thats a hack job for a precision turbine. Could the turbine and shaft be set in an angle vise on a milling machine http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=36126 with v-groove jaw pads to hold round stock? Then its a matter of setting up accurately and trimming the blades. I take it that the depth of cut is just deep enough to create the desired angle across the entire surface of the edge? Thanks in advance for my continuing education! Its good to know how its done even if you let somebody else do it!

Thanks John! That's what I needed was a lead to someone who has had done it. I'll post what his thoughts are on the subject. I've checked numerous books and all I read is what it does, not how to do it.

No answer yet, but I've got my fingers crossed.:D I imagine its hard enough to keep up with phone calls in his shop, let alone email questions. If anyone has found a performance book with details to my question, I would appreciate any input. :) Ahhh... their website is back up, I may need to make a phone call!