Turbo Exhaust housings

Fenrir

I've got a TE-44 on a GN and it has a .82 exhaust housing. Spool up is a little slow, even with a Vigilante 3000 RPM converter. I have the stock turbo housing and have thought about swapping it since it is a .63 but I have been told that Precision makes a .63 that is better. My question is what is the difference between the PTE housing and the stocker? Any tricks to keep in mind while changing the housings?

I'm not sure you can use a stock turbo exhaust housing on a TE44 because the exhaust wheel is bigger on the 44. I would do a PTE housing. I think they sell them for around $200. That 44 will spool just as fast as stock with a stock converter. That was my first turbo upgrade on my car. Killer little turbo on the street.

Do you know of any vendors that sell the .63 PTE housing? Most of the races we do use a pro tree and that puts us at a disadvantage more often then not

Fenrir said:
I've got a TE-44 on a GN and it has a .82 exhaust housing. Spool up is a little slow, even with a Vigilante 3000 RPM converter. I have the stock turbo housing and have thought about swapping it since it is a .63 but I have been told that Precision makes a .63 that is better. My question is what is the difference between the PTE housing and the stocker? Any tricks to keep in mind while changing the housings?
that turbo should spool fast with converter must be a fueling issue or exhaust leak what are your scanner readings you may want to try and rjc bleeder valve.

We had the RJC valve but now have a MSBC-1. It's probably a MAF issue since it is a rebuilt MAF. The car is only raced about 3 times a year and mostly 1/8th mile so we'd like to maximize spool up.