Turbo Help

Grimace022

Its goin to be a street/strip car high 10s to mid 11s would be ideal. Whats size turbo and A/R would you recommend? Its goin in a notchback mustang.
I know where there is a deal on a PT 70 but the A/R is .63 on the exhaust side. Do i need a bigger A/R its going to be more of a track car then street? Fast spool but what about top-end?

Heres my current set:

Its a 355 SBC

these internals:

Summit Chevy 350 Engine Kits: SUM-SBCKIT1-300 - summitracing.com

Pistons: I have a decent set of forged pistons

Crank:
Eagle Cast Steel Crankshafts: ESP-103503480 - summitracing.com

Rods:
Scat Pro Stock I-Beam Connecting Rods: SCA-25700 - summitracing.com

Heads:
World Products Sportsman II Heads: WRL-012250-1 - summitracing.com

Camshaft:
Lunati Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshafts: LUN-00012 - summitracing.com

Intake:
Edelbrock Torker II Intake Manifolds: EDL-5001 - summitracing.com

I dont know what to do for a carb... If you see something i should change let me know.

Thanks

For the carb, look up CSU carbs, they are hands down the best blowthrough ive ever worked on.
I would venture to say that what you have listed will already put you in the mid-low 11's, so you might want to raise your goals a little.
The 70mm is going to run out of steam around 18psi if your combo is good, and that is too small of a hotside, it would be almost uncontrollable. The perfect turbo would be a 70-76mm, GTS, or even a GTQ, with a .84 or .96 a/r. Dont get me wrong, the 70 will make well into the 600whp arena before you get out of its efficiency range, but im betting its a p-trim exhaust and that is way way to small.
I would use a q-trim if i got it cheap, but that would be on the small side as well. If you want the best of the cheap turbos, the borg warner S400 is the way to go, thats what i use. Less than $600 brand new, and good to around 1000hp if you need it. On your combo it would be mostly a top-end machine, but i think it spools fine as i have traction problems anyway, a little lag is alot easier to control.
Gary
BTW, it is a physically huge turbo, and has a 1.32a/r hotside. There is a 1.01a/r hotside availible for it now, and that would make it perfect for a smallblock. Just loosen the converter a little and its great.

Thanks for advice! I think s400 is alittle to much for what im tryin to do. Wow

1000hp+StreetCar= Lost of my License LOL

I dont think that Im goin to have enough compression to get me that deep in the 11s on motor it only a 8.8 to 1

im only lookin to make about 550 hp

single master power t70 .96ar
38mm waste gate
44mm bov

You think this setup will get me the desired HP?

Dont count out the s400. It will be as cheap as a used turbo. Your set up is close to mine but mine is 7.8 to 1. I also have dart pro 1 230cc heads. With the s400 at 10 psi i would bet you my next pay check it will run 10s just playing with it. P.lus you can up grade it for about $300 later if you want to make about 1300hp