Turbo-link Connection problems

DavzGN

I tried emailing Ken at several different email addresses but they keep rejecting. So if anyone has a working email address please post it.

But here's what I am trying to send him.

I'm having problems getting Turbo-link connected with my GN. I am running windows 98 on an IBM thinkpad 770 with a 233mxx chip. I am running IE6 and I download the full version of Turbo-link last weekend. It is recognizing the cable, Green LED lights up on the black box, but isn't connecting to the ECM. I am running the 3.0 version of the cable that uses the 2.13 version of the cable connected to the blackbox connected to the serial cable.
I tried the 2.13 version of the cable with my old toshiba 486 running Turbolink 2.13 and It connected fine.
I know you had problems with Thinkpads running the older version of TurboLink so I was wondering if this might be a Thinkpad problem. Any suggestions?
I also get an occassion ATIDriver error every now and then when trying to test the connection.
Thanks
David Last
87 GN

I'm also having problems with my Turbolink connecting. i plan on trying to call them today but whenever I connect the black box piece to the port the light won't come on. I have a turbotweak chip but Eric said it wouldn't have changed the connection at all. My friends Snap-On scan tool works on the car and connects fine. I tried checking the resistance through the pins and was only able to see any sort of a connection between 2 sets of pins. I also tried connecting the connector to a friends 88 GTA and the light never came on with his car either.

Has anyone had any problems with these connectors going bad? Is there any sort of a replacement policy on them at all?

Originally posted by DavzGN
I tried emailing Ken at several different email addresses but they keep rejecting. So if anyone has a working email address please post it.
QUOTE]

Did get the email from David and responded (it's basically an issue with the older v3.0 hardware and the Thinkpad).

Valid email addresses are ken_mosher@mototron.com, ken_mosher@appauto.com and ken_mosher@turbo-link.com.

If one or both are bouncing ... lemme know and I'll ping the corporate IT guys and see what the heck is going on. They should all work.

Originally posted by 72firebird
I'm also having problems with my Turbolink connecting. i plan on trying to call them today but whenever I connect the black box piece to the port the light won't come on. I have a turbotweak chip but Eric said it wouldn't have changed the connection at all. My friends Snap-On scan tool works on the car and connects fine. I tried checking the resistance through the pins and was only able to see any sort of a connection between 2 sets of pins. I also tried connecting the connector to a friends 88 GTA and the light never came on with his car either.

Has anyone had any problems with these connectors going bad? Is there any sort of a replacement policy on them at all?

The connectors are very robust unless you run a bunch of voltage thru them backwards (like a static zap) ...

You won't see anything useful with an ohm meter, since the circuitry inside is converting signals and such.

Let's start with basics ... did it work and then all of a sudden stop working?

Which OS are we talking about? Windows XP? 2000? 98?

Which TurboLInk version are we looking at (V4.x?)

Just a note ... V2.x won't work on XP/2000 without booting on a DOS disk.

We stand behind the product, but I don't check this board very often, so make sure you drop me some email and we'll work to get any problems resolved.

The V4.x hardware is totally supported and if we find a problem with it (pretty rare) we can easily replace it for you.

The older v2.x and v3.x hardware is not supported any more (we don't have the parts or capacity to service them any more since some of the units are almost 13 years old by now!) We do offer an upgrade path to the new software.

Hope that helps!